MMS issues?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Just had a weird issue with MMS on iOS 5. My wife had sent a picture, and instead of going to my messages app, it went to my email. I double checked that MMS was enabled in Settings; it was. Then I sent her a picture and since then all seems normal again. Anyone else having anything similar? Or maybe it was just that I had to send that first one to get the settings to recognize my Messages app?

One other question: when her MMS arrived at my lockscreen, my only option was to use the regular "slide to unlock" slider (though it actually says "slide to reply" at that point)--I couldn't interact with her MMS at all like we can with most notifications now. Normal behavior?

(FWIW, I've been jailbroken and running BiteSMS since I first bought my 3G, so forgive me if I seem a little out of the loop on standard iOS behavior. This is my first time running stock in several years.)

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Just had a weird issue with MMS on iOS 5. My wife had sent a picture, and instead of going to my messages app, it went to my email. I double checked that MMS was enabled in Settings; it was. Then I sent her a picture and since then all seems normal again. Anyone else having anything similar? Or maybe it was just that I had to send that first one to get the settings to recognize my Messages app?

One other question: when her MMS arrived at my lockscreen, my only option was to use the regular "slide to unlock" slider (though it actually says "slide to reply" at that point)--I couldn't interact with her MMS at all like we can with most notifications now. Normal behavior?

(FWIW, I've been jailbroken and running BiteSMS since I first bought my 3G, so forgive me if I seem a little out of the loop on standard iOS behavior. This is my first time running stock in several years.)

my guess is her phone didnt know you had imessage and sent it to your email instead of giving her an error then once you sent a message back it new you were connected via imessage...

I dont know that this is for sure the answer but my IT instinct kind of leads me to believe this..

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77