Jailbroken iPhone 3G 3.1.2 froze - how to restore?

drizzle

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I was using my jailbroken (with blackra1n) 3.1.2 iphone 3G today when it froze. I hard rebooted it( power+home) and got the apple logo for a while, followed by the apple with turning wheel, but it wouldn't go past this.

So I put it into restore mode , connected it to iTunes, then hit restore and upgrade to 3.1.3( the only option). My plan was to jailbreak it afterward restoring, then restore from a backup to get all my apps/data back.

However, now it only shows a "emergency call" screen, likely because it upgraded to 3.1.3 and found out it was jailbroken. I'm not sure what to do now. Can I still jailbreak it using this guide, then restore from backup: Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 with Sn0wbreeze | Redmond Pie

Or am I screwed?

Thanks so much and cheers! :)

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
That's what it sounds like to me too. It sounds like you were unlocked using your phone on a different carrier and when you upgraded,youdestroyed the ability for your SIM Card to be read because it doesn't belong to the 'official' carrier of the iPhone.

drizzle

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
It was unlocked and working on a non-official carrier before the restore.

After the restore it upgraded the baseband to 05.12.01. I managed to downgrade the firmware to 3.1.2 and restore all my contacts/messages etc, but the baseband remains at the upgraded 05.12.01. I tried using Fuzzyband to downgrade the baseband to one that's unlockable but the Bootloader is 06.02 so that doesn't work either :/

Are there any other options or am I screwed royally here? Would it be possible to restore to factory settings before 3.1.3 and the upgraded baseband? Or do I have to wait for the iPhone Dev Team to release their unlock whenever that may happen?

Cheers

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
It was unlocked and working on a non-official carrier before the restore.

After the restore it upgraded the baseband to 05.12.01. I managed to downgrade the firmware to 3.1.2 and restore all my contacts/messages etc, but the baseband remains at the upgraded 05.12.01. I tried using Fuzzyband to downgrade the baseband to one that's unlockable but the Bootloader is 06.02 so that doesn't work either :/

Are there any other options or am I screwed royally here? Would it be possible to restore to factory settings before 3.1.3 and the upgraded baseband? Or do I have to wait for the iPhone Dev Team to release their unlock whenever that may happen?

Cheers

You can't downgrade the 3G baseband. You're screwed right now until a new unlock comes out.

drizzle

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
You can't downgrade the 3G baseband. You're screwed right now until a new unlock comes out.

Damn, that's what I was dreading. I got the phone off craigslist, and have no idea who it was originally locked to, is there a way of finding out? Would be cool if I could sell it back as a locked carrier phone.

dok

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Damn, that's what I was dreading. I got the phone off craigslist, and have no idea who it was originally locked to, is there a way of finding out? Would be cool if I could sell it back as a locked carrier phone.

why don't you ask the seller from craigslist you bought it from??

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77