Multiple device iCloud question.

thebignewt#IM

May 9, 2011
Visit site
My wife has an iPad, iPhone, and an iCloud account and an iTunes accout. I also have an iCloud and iTunes account, as well as an iMac. I don't have any synching with iCloud turned on because I use an android phone and use Gmail contacts synch via iTunes. My wife only synchs with Photo Stream now. We got another iPad for a gift. She wants to use that one, I will get her old one. What's the best way for her to transfer all of the stuff from her old iPad to her new one, then for me to start fresh with her old one and synch my contacts to it? I'm considering an iPhone myself and I'd like to get this multiple iCloud accounts with multiple devices thing straight, because it's confusing. I'm pretty tech saavy too.
Thanks a lot for help!

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Backup her old iPad, then activate the new one and restore from that backup. Then she just needs to log in under her same iTunes and iCloud accounts.

For you, set your gmail up on her old one as an exchange account and sync your contacts and such.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

thebignewt#IM

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. What should I select for her to backup (or does it just "backup" in general?). She's got contacts, her gmail acct, some apps. . The music I know it won't back up.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes just plug it in and back it up, contacts, settings calendars. Everything will either be backed up or able to be pulled down from iCloud after. The only thing to watch is make sure if music or movies or pictures have been synced onto the iPad to make sure they're all on the computer before hand. Pictures you can transfer but if the songs and movies aren't on there and you don't still have them on another computer to transfer you'll need a special software to pull them off. And as for resetting the iPad just plug it in and hit restore.

tapatalk on iPad 2 running ios5

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77