When I make or receive a call, and I want to use the speakerphone, I tap the speaker button, and it comes on.
    However, VERY often, instead of switching on the speaker, it opens a menu with a choice of iphone, speaker, and ipad.

This is driving me nuts. I have disabled handoff as many websites suggest. I have calls on other devices turned off. I have wifi calling turned off.
    I restart my phone, and the problem goes away. But then it comes back a while later, and then only way to get rid of it is restarting the phone.
    I own an ipad, and I haven't used it in close to a year.

I don't know what else to do in order to disable this permanently.
    I see lots of threads in various forms of people complaining about this, but no solution.
    01-04-2022 07:00 PM
    Go to Settings → Phone → Calls on Other Devices and then either disable “Allow Calls on Other Devices” or disable the toggle next the listed items therein. Try disabling the toggle next to each individual item before turning off “Allow Calls on Other Devices.
    01-04-2022 07:12 PM
    If you haven’t used your iPad in close to a year, fire it up and log it out of iCloud.
    01-05-2022 12:57 AM
    Go to Settings → Phone → Calls on Other Devices and then either disable “Allow Calls on Other Devices” or disable the toggle next the listed items therein. Try disabling the toggle next to each individual item before turning off “Allow Calls on Other Devices.
    Already did that a while ago, and it goes away. But then just randomly
    Comes back. Only way to get rid of it is a restart.
    01-05-2022 04:59 PM
    If you haven’t used your iPad in close to a year, fire it up and log it out of iCloud.
    Yeah but shouldn’t have to do it that way. How about they just fix this. I’ve seen a lot of people complain about the same issue.
    01-05-2022 05:00 PM