Ringer volume adjustment

I

iMore Question

When I turn my ringer volume to off, most of the time it will go down to 1 and not turn completely off sometimes it will go to off with a bar going through the ringer showing the volume is totally off. How do I get the ringer to go off completely?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The official way to turn the ringer off is to use the ring/silent switch on the left side of the device. Works like a charm for me every time.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! What are you trying to accomplish, other than turning the ringer off? I don't think the volume controls turn it completely off. You can turn it off using the ring/silent switch.
a7d26d4cab2e7ce595f2c96bcc7d4efc.jpg

You can also use the Do Not Disturb feature to silence the ringer as needed.
Register in so we can help you better. What are your specific needs?

roughrider123

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Yes I know about the switch, but wondering why sometimes when turning down the volume sometimes it will put a bar through the ringer indicating totally off

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes I know about the switch, but wondering why sometimes when turning down the volume sometimes it will put a bar through the ringer indicating totally off

Do you still hear it when the bar is through the ringer? Usually, when I turn my volume all the way down, I don't hear anything, even though it shows 1 notch.
7ce4fc33698e9c6905c109c5b8a5700c.jpg

Mine doesn't show it crossed out. I barely hear it.

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site

The crossed bell only appears when fiddling with the ring/silent switch. When using the volume buttons to adjust the ringer volume, it goes to a minimum 1 bar.

MidnightOwl9

Oct 31, 2017
Visit site
Flipping the switch on the left turns off the ringer but not alarms. If you’re in a moviehouse or conference, it’s best to go to Do not disturb—-> Silence always. You can always reset it afterwards.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urbanwoodsman1966