Question iPhone Wrongly Marked as Stolen

surbhitjain25

May 11, 2023
Visit site
My own iphone XS is wrongly/incorrectly marked as Stolen by someone. Am not sure who did that (Don't know how to even find who reported it as Stolen), and IMEI is now blocked. Its my own Phone, and I am using same Apple Id on it from day 1. My carrier (Mint Mobile) confirmed they have not put the request to block, nor they can remove it from the list. And everything shows active on their side. Apple support mentioned they cannot do anything about it, as they have not put the phone on stolen mode. Phone is already paid off completely in 2018. Am stuck now.
How can I remove my own phone off the stolen list?

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
My own iphone XS is wrongly/incorrectly marked as Stolen by someone. Am not sure who did that (Don't know how to even find who reported it as Stolen), and IMEI is now blocked. Its my own Phone, and I am using same Apple Id on it from day 1. My carrier (Mint Mobile) confirmed they have not put the request to block, nor they can remove it from the list. And everything shows active on their side. Apple support mentioned they cannot do anything about it, as they have not put the phone on stolen mode. Phone is already paid off completely in 2018. Am stuck now.
How can I remove my own phone off the stolen list?

Take your receipt to the Apple Store. The receipt should have your IMEI number there.

Reactions: FFR and Annie_M

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Do you know if it is reported stolen to Apple or a phone carrier?

In Apple’s case, usually, your Apple ID should be able to remove the lock.

For phone carriers, they share a database of stolen devices to prevent them from connecting to their networks, making them somewhat useless besides 9-1-1. If it is possible to remove a device from that database, it’s the carrier that added it there that would be able to do so. Be aware that this database might span multiple countries.

I had my iPhone 6 stolen in Perú, and that’s one of the steps taken to transform it into a complete brick. That and activation lock, making it useless for pretty much anything besides parts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice