Digital touch message delays

jarran6

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

Dont know if anyone else has had this problem.

My girlfriend and I both have Apple watches, she has the 38mm space grey sport and and Iphone 6 and I have the 42mm SS with an iphone 6 plus.

We have had them two weeks now and until recently everything was working fine, loving sending each other little pics and tapping and sending heartbeats.

It may have been concidental but after doing the apple watch update on both watches the digital touch messages were taking ages to arrive, even when we were at home on the same network it would take over 30 mins to receive a message which clearly wasnt great.

We had tried rebooting phones and watches with no success

After contacting Apple support we did an unpair and re pair watches to our phones, it was then we discovered my girlfriends phone had no availble usage to do the back up of the watch during the unpairing process.

Once we had deleted some unwanted photos and apps everything seemed to work fine and messages were again coming through within seconds.

It would appear not having any free space on your phone can affect your watch's performance, well thats what Apple support seemed to think.

Anyway just thought i would mention it in case anyone else has had the same issue.

jarran6

May 9, 2015
Visit site
A quick update on this issue, after fixing it by doing the unpairing and re pairing the following day my watch and phone had shocking battery usage, by 4pm my watch was dead and my iphone 6 plus was at 50%.

After speaking to Apple support again they seemed to think it woild need to be looked at in their store, however I did another unpairing and re pairing last night after charging my watch up a bit and it has been working perfectly again today.

Food for thought.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2