Welcome to iMore! Introduce yourself here!

franc0222

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi

My name is Carla, I live in Brazil. I started on computers with Apple IIe, but Apple almost disappeared from here and this part of the world was dominated by PCs until almost 10 years ago. I bought my first iMAc in 2008 (I still use it). After that, I bought some ipods(shuffle, nanos, movie, touch),ipad 1 and the third, an iMac Pro and, in 2010, my first ipnone(4). I love it, but now is time to change it to 5.
I'm a pediatrician, and I have convinced many friends to buy ipads and iphones(my friends use to say that Apple had to give me free iphone/ipad, for the ones I "sold"-I agree).
My hobbies, besides to play with my gadgets, are patchwork and photography.
I discover this site reading another posts and I really liked it.
Thank you for your time here
Carla

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Just Introducing Myself

I am Jim Meeker. I podcast as CTRLALTDELIVER on the NetCastStudio.com family of Podcasts and co-host Waves of Tech. For my day job, I am a Technology Coordinator for an Elementary School. I joined iMore after listening to the great Podcast that they do. If you have not checked it out yet, head over to iTunes and subscribe. It has become one of the few podcasts that I always have in my listening que.

tedesco

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello

Hi, I am Tony... nice guy, gainfully employed, have a real job to pay bills and occasionally go play at a radio station... working for the soul. I am a news junkie and I have an obsession with shiny new gadgets. I am a blackberry user almost turned.

My only real experience with Apple products prior to a month or so, was buying the 1st gen iPod touch for my then girlfriend the week it released (yeah I'm a nice guy that way). It was cool, but not for me. I have been a blackberry user for a long time. I glanced over to see what the other guys were doing occasionally and found it interesting but nothing could pull me from my coveted BBM.

Recently I experienced the simple frustration of being on a treadmill at the gym with a 12-14 inch screen in front of me, along with an ipod connector. I wanted to watch my own content but my blackberry doesn't connect like that. I am stuck catching up on episodes of Sons of Anarchy, True Blood, Dexter, Walking Dead... on my little 3 inch blackberry screen.

Solution.. by an Apple device. I picked up an Ipod Nano 5th gen on the cheap off of Kijiji. The intention was to simply connect to the screen so I can push my videos on it. To my surprise, the first day I did this, my ipod saved the work out on Nike plus. I got hooked.

If this little music player can do all that, not to mention have the support of a huge gym company that chose to buy machines with the ipod connection, the support of the manufacturers of these machines who built them to work with Apple devices, the partnership with Nike... What else am I missing.

Last night I streamed the keynote and was thoroughly impressed. I am a little concerned about that connector... but being my first time around the block, at least I won't have to "replace" hundreds of dollars worth of accessories.

The only question now is... do I dish out for an iPhone 5 (less than 1 year into my contract so I doubt I will be getting a carrier discount), or I could get me the new Ipod touch and use my blackberry as a wifi hub while on the go (yes it does that). I guess it all depends on how similar iPod touch will be to the iPhone... will GPS work for those location based apps etc. Things I will have to research over the next few days.

Anyone with answers to my questions if anything I said resonates with you feel free to message me

Cheers

jramir02

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
ms joyce

hi im a mother of two a working mother and i have a ipad and never had an iphone don't know how it works at all and cant afford it i would like to try using an iPhone

DrewEPTX

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
My name is Andrew. I have owned every generation of iPhone except for the 4s and have the first generation iPad. Love gadgets. My iPhone 4 pairs great with my 2013 Hyundai sonata. I enjoy listening to music wirelessly with Bluetooth and hands free calls. My sonatas name is Hyun Soo Kim.

s.harinder

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
about me

i'm engineer by profession.during free time spend most of my time in looking for books on various subjects and love to collect and try out different softwares,never get tired of these. interested in outdoor games

jayxpx

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

I am moving over from androidcentral.com as i have just pre-ordered my Iphone 5...this will be my first iphone so i am kinda pumped to get this going...i am fairly well versed in the rooting game but have to learn some more about the jail-breaking and the value of it...this will be my new home starting next week! Coming from my VZW Galaxy Nexus this will be a huge change! Thanks for keeping forums like this going!

Snowyso

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello there, i dont want to tell my name but you can call me Claire. One of the most dramatic situation in my life is when the new iPhone / iPhone 5 released 2 weeks after i purchased my 3gs. I have dreaming my entire life, to own an apple bitten, but for some reason, i cant have it. Yeah, since i am sure no one would like to read a 'hell too long' post, i will just end here. Whatever happen, i will never get this phone slammed like my previous phones :D

bpercevic

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
My name is Bojan. I am in my final semester of school, studying computer science. I am currently one of two developers working on
. My job is split between design and programming, I love to do both. Programming is challenging, while design is usually relaxing. Anyway, thats all. Thanks for reading!

Kamrun Nahar

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I am situ . Interior Designer, 29 years old .... Live in Bangladesh.
Design others dream . I like to play with color. I loved to cook.
I like to read love story .....
When first time i get ipad .... after that i am just madly, desperately crazy about all apple item ... Now i am waiting for new iphone5. Lets see when i get this phone..... I am desperately waiting for that....... :)

tracy08

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
My name is Tracy and I love technology. I'm a big Gadget Freak, I have an iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and looking forward to buy iPhone 5.

KatrinaRuth

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi my name is Katrina Ruth.
I am an ipad and iphone enthusiast. I would like to know everything that there is to know about iPhone and iPad. I am working as a cabin crew for a domestic airline. I am particularly interested in the iPhone 5

imiakadk

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Ssup fellow app-peers.

I'm Imran hailing from Perth Australia. One of the borest cities in town, which makes it a good excuse for me to own an iPad. iPad changed my way of life. No more printing papers and carying unnessasry folder to my uni. Saw a guy using it in my lecture and envyed him so much. A week later iPad 2 came out and next thing I know I'm playing fruit ninja in class and solving 3D linear equations at the same time. How cool was that? Then 4S came out and I bought the **** out of it. And loved it to the core. Love everything apple has to offer, from headphones to Mac to Mac Air.

Thats all for now.

Take care y'all.

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
What up everyone, coming from Blackberry to the new iPhone! Anyone know when my posts will stop being approved by moderators before they show up?

MISTAHEF

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Intro

Hello fellow iMore.com memebers. I am a big time Apple fanatic for quite a while now. i have the latest Apple products except Mac mini or a Macbook. I am glad this site has plenty of Apple news. I do come here as my number 1 source for all iphone/ipad/mac news. I enjoy gadgets especially when they are well built just like Apple products.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flickoo