Facetime Via Email?

KBV1

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey

I currently have an iPhone4 running 4.1 and im trying to facetime a new iPod touch running 4.1. Every time i try to call my contact via there email it says they are not available and its the same with them trying to call me.

Any ideas why this is happening and how i can fix it?

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Ummm, are they both yours? if so, you're calling yourself essentially, so yeah it wont work....if you registered them both with your email/itunes then your calling yourself, to yourself, so yeah it wont work

KBV1

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
hey

thanks for the replies :) no im not trying to call myself lol im trying to call a friend. I am calling them via facetime to their registered email to apple and it keeps telling me that they are unavailable. what else could i be doing wrong lol? We are both connected to wifi also.

thanks again :)

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
hey

thanks for the replies :) no im not trying to call myself lol im trying to call a friend. I am calling them via facetime to their registered email to apple and it keeps telling me that they are unavailable. what else could i be doing wrong lol? We are both connected to wifi also.

thanks again :)

Could be setting in his or yours routers....also try resetting your settings for facetime, can you call someone else besides him to test it out, maybe you can call me to test your connect.....you can PM me your details if you want.

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah i was having this problem at first but then i went to my settings for FaceTime and realized i didnt even have FaceTime available cause i had the option on "off"

Robert Waldroup

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
This probably has to do with the settings on one of the phones, or the connection on either end. If it's a wifi connection, there could be an issue there with bandwidth.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincie855