After Updating to iOS 17, my calls and hotspot randomly disconnects and enters Airplane Mode.

tpeters3030

May 1, 2023
Visit site
My apologies that you assumed just because I’m not having problems that nobody else should be having problems either.

However, I am inclined to believe that not all iPhones are built identically either.
I get that. I've had 2 since apple replaced one and have same issues. No phones regardless of manufacturer are identical which is why not everyone has same issues. I think this falls under how apple programmed their phone to handle 4G and 5G same the carrier doesn't work with it. Just a guess.

tpeters3030

May 1, 2023
Visit site

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It apparently was the wrong time for me to come to iPhone. Sucks because I did like a lot of things about it. Apple should just go back to 16 latest version, it worked.

Not really, they have these articles every year

95673eb1f1d2e4a6c0ad557978eec0d7.png

902fefc0ab5aac8ea25671f389ae88c1.png

Enjoy your Samsung op, nothing wrong with that.
hope this one doesn’t break in 4-6 months, and if it does hope Samsung honors their warranty this time.

Last edited:

tpeters3030

May 1, 2023
Visit site
Not really, they have these articles every year

95673eb1f1d2e4a6c0ad557978eec0d7.png

902fefc0ab5aac8ea25671f389ae88c1.png

Enjoy your Samsung op, nothing wrong with that.
hope this one doesn’t break in 4-6 months, and if it does hope Samsung honors their warranty this time.
They did honor it after I called them directly instead of going thru the brick and mortar shop. To be honest, I acted on impulse on that situation. I should have called Samsung first.

I'm not turning this into Samsung better then apple or vice versa. I already said the iPhone has a lot of good things. It boils down to it has to work as a phone. I have 2 Samsung devices that never drop the call in the same area's the iPhone did. I did not have the issue til iOS 17 dropped, that's my experience. I still have the iPhone on another line, it's just not my main carry now. My wife is still running the iPhone as she doesn't travel like I do and doesn't have as big of issue with it, although when we are traveling there been a couple times she had to use my Samsung phone to make a call as her iPhone was in SOS mode.

I don't understand why you get so upset over a known issue. Apple even stopped working on iOS 18 so they can work on fixing iOS 17. Apple even knows there are issues. The same thing could happen to Samsung and I would be doing the same thing, as you pointed out..I did. It's ok, apple messed this one up, next time Samsung will screw things up.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
They did honor it after I called them directly instead of going thru the brick and mortar shop. To be honest, I acted on impulse on that situation. I should have called Samsung first.

I'm not turning this into Samsung better then apple or vice versa. I already said the iPhone has a lot of good things. It boils down to it has to work as a phone. I have 2 Samsung devices that never drop the call in the same area's the iPhone did. I did not have the issue til iOS 17 dropped, that's my experience. I still have the iPhone on another line, it's just not my main carry now. My wife is still running the iPhone as she doesn't travel like I do and doesn't have as big of issue with it, although when we are traveling there been a couple times she had to use my Samsung phone to make a call as her iPhone was in SOS mode.

I don't understand why you get so upset over a known issue. Apple even stopped working on iOS 18 so they can work on fixing iOS 17. Apple even knows there are issues. The same thing could happen to Samsung and I would be doing the same thing, as you pointed out..I did. It's ok, apple messed this one up, next time Samsung will screw things up.

Upset . I’m just letting you know this happens every year for every iPhone and every iOS update, it’s almost comical at this point. I wouldn’t put too much stock on rumors perpetuated by Bloomberg and gurman, that man just makes things up at this point.

As I said, enjoy your phone .
I’m certainly enjoying my iPhone 15 pro max.

Happy new year from the Matterhorn
f5ed4e180569f15c6874f6e13e3b7dcb.jpg

tpeters3030

May 1, 2023
Visit site
Upset . I’m just letting you know this happens every year for every iPhone and every iOS update, it’s almost comical at this point. I wouldn’t put too much stock on rumors perpetuated by Bloomberg and gurman, that man just makes things up at this point.

As I said, enjoy your phone .
I’m certainly enjoying my iPhone 15 pro max.

Happy new year from the Matterhorn
f5ed4e180569f15c6874f6e13e3b7dcb.jpg
I misread your post, sorry about that. I just didn't want to get into this is better and that crap.

I think both phones are good and they both have downsides. I enjoy using the iPhone and probably still be using it if I want dropping calls and data 4+ times a day. At this point I don't know if it's software or antenna issues.

Again, sorry for misreading your post. I probably shouldn't read and respond so early, wait till I wake up.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77