IOS 13 updating

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I have been relieved not to see a plethora of updates of late but now I'm wondering (??) The devices in the home ( iPhone 8Plus + iPad mini4 on my Apple ID, iPhone 8Plus + iPad Air2 on my wife's and IPhone 7Plus on a completely separate Apple ID of its own) The only link connecting my wife's account & mine is the billing in the hers when needed charges to a credit card of mine, the same which mine is linked to. I do not use 'auto update' for iOS. My norm is to wait until I see the badge app icon in settings, leading me into 'install' rather than 'download & install' if I 'go looking' through the settings / software update as a few times recently I've had glitchy downloads that way and I do prefer to research this forum and a few periodicals prior to 'diving in'. This has always worked for me, and although I'm normally updating a month or so after an update is released, it's been mostly smooth sailing. But now, none of the aforementioned devices have shown anything beyondy current iOS ( or OS) 13.1.3. All devices are functioning very well so I'm content to stay at this point as there don't seem to be new features in the works, just fixes. I only use the stock mail app for my iCloud mail which is basically a back up email for me, so the mail issues haven't really affected me at all, as Spark handles my Gmail and Yahoo is on the 7 Plus. I'm wondering if the updating choices & protocols have changed or is my location here in the Caribbean a factor, as I've seen delays 'between' devices in the past but never this 'update silence' across the board. I do not participate ( and never have participated) in any iOS Beta testing and refer to simply the public regular updates. All 'App Updates' have been timely and in that area I do 'pull down' to bring pending updates into play and simply say 'update all' to catch any stragglers. Comments?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I have my iPad mini 4 set to automatic update and I noticed last week that it was still on 13.1.3. I'm in the US on a fairly fast network. I think that whatever iOS does internally to check for new versions is not working right at the moment, so at this point I am planning to set a reminder for a week after each update and just manually update the Mini if it doesn't update itself.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
Nope, I have my iPad mini 4 set to automatic update and I noticed last week that it was still on 13.1.3. I'm in the US on a fairly fast network. I think that whatever iOS does internally to check for new versions is not working right at the moment, so at this point I am planning to set a reminder for a week after each update and just manually update the Mini if it doesn't update itself.

13.3 got released today for my iPhone. Not sure if it’s the same for tablets