Slide to answer?

jmy2469

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
Alot of times when my mom calls me, and my iPhone is in sleep mode,I try to slide to answer and it does not work. I have to wait until she hangs up and then I call her back. Does this happen to anyone else? Any idea what to do to fix this? Thanks.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
It happens to me every once in awhile. I'm not sure what the cause is though. I generally hit the sleep button twice to ignore it, then immediately call the person back. Happens to me very rarely though.

Genten

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Used to experience this problem a lot, only had my iPhone for less than 2 months. On ringing my service provider they suggested restoring. Did same but within a couple of weeks once again found the old "will not slide" syndrome had returned. Gave the problem some thought and considered In may have been the problem. I operate a chemical manufacturing business and am continually in contact with chemicals, many oily. I've made a point of keeping my phone clean and wash my hands more diligently and since have not experienced the probblem. I think the slightest sign of an oily surface and the screen stops responding. I'm not sure how the screen responds, but does not respond to anything other than human physical contact. You can't use the screen with the back of a biro or anything else, it's not pressure sensitive but it uses something else. Anyway, consider the state of your screen and your hands, that's all. Cheers.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
You mentioned it happens when your mom calls. Is it only when she calls specifically or when any call comes through?

chris_ziko

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I would say just do a backup and then a restore. If anything, take it to an Apple store, could be a defective screen when sometimes taking a call.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2