Question Making a change to a calendar entry does not send attendees the update

King Mustard

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
My partner has an iPhone 14 and uses the built-in Calendar app and her gmail email account.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, use the Google Calendar app and my gmail email account.

I create a new calendar entry on my Android phone and add her gmail email address in the 'Add people' section. This sends her an email, and once she accepts, it appears in her iPhone's Calendar app just fine. When I make an amendment to such calendar entries (after she has already accepted them) and click Save, the app asks: "Send update emails to Google Calendar guests?" I tap Yes of course. She receives these updates and can accept the changes.

When she creates a calendar entry on her iPhone and adds my gmail to it, I get the email, I can accept the entry and it appears in my calendar just fine. However, when she makes any amendments (title change, time change etc.), nothing happens on my end. She does not get any alert asking if she would like to send updates etc.

Can anyone help?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I don’t have a Google account, so I’m not 100% sure how it would behave.

On an iCloud account, updates are sent by the related mail account.
IMG_0585.jpg

On an Exchange account, it is similar, although Mail does not need to be enabled. It uses EWS or Exchange ActiveSync to achieve a similar behaviour.
IMG_0586.jpg

I do wonder if the Google account has a similar relationship between account components.
One thing that can be checked is the “Sent” mailbox to see if an email is being issued by the device for the calendar event.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77