Will you still get the iPhone 8 if it ends up costing $1400?!

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Based on information from today starting price will be USD $1000 less a buck. In Canada that means the starting price will be $1400 CAD. That's utterly insane.

We will have to wait and see but if this was the case I would have to look at other options maybe 7s?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
LOL, I always say I'm not going to pay that much for a phone, and end up paying that much for a phone....(DAMN you Apple ()).....LOL.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Maybe fifty per cent of the UK Apple base won't ! I have just read a BBC news article that maintains that 50% of us did not upgrade to the 7, because of cost and lack of features. I think the average gadget lover over here is just bored with the "new toy" that is the smartphone. £500+ a year as well as your broadband package@ £600 ish is a lot of dosh really, for the most vulnerable of the comms systems with toys attached.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I understand what you’re saying, but instead of making a blanket statement that a specific color is boring, say that it is “boring to me”. Know what I mean?....

I guess I need to add a disclaimer to my posts so that people aren't offended by my opinions, or completely hung up on the lack of a word or two that they have been told should accompany all opinions ("To me...").

This post does not reflect the views or opinions of Mobile Nations. The content is solely the opinion of the poster.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I guess I need to add a disclaimer to my posts so that people aren't offended by my opinions, or completely hung up on the lack of a word or two that they have been told should accompany all opinions ("To me...").

This post does not reflect the views or opinions of Mobile Nations. The content is solely the opinion of the poster.

Hahaha this thread is very funny!

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

Didn't you know the word Boring is offensive these days :)

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
You guys are funny screaming about $1000 lol, i bought a 7 128Gb 2 months ago for $900, if the 8 is $1000 i will buy 100 :)

So does that mean if they're $2000 you'll only buy 50?

I think the point is where does it end? But as long as people are willing to hand over their credit card without question, the prices will keep climbing.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
So does that mean if they're $2000 you'll only buy 50?

I think the point is where does it end? But as long as people are willing to hand over their credit card without question, the prices will keep climbing.

No because at $1000 here i can sell for $1600 plus, guess you missed my sarcasm as i didn't put AUD :)

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Based on information from today starting price will be USD $1000 less a buck. In Canada that means the starting price will be $1400 CAD. That's utterly insane.

Last year the exchange rate was $1 US = $1.40 CDN. Now it's around $1 US = $1.25 CDN. I think if the iPhone 8 comes in at $1000 USD we will see it sell for around $1299 CDN because of the better exchange rate.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Nope, keeping my 7 as it’s only 9 months old. But if I needed a new phone and the iPhone 8 was $1400, I just don’t know... that’s $150 more than I paid for my laptop and $300 less than I paid for a Sony Bravia 4K HDR TV... it’s a bit ridiculous.

But I am a sucker for technology so if I bought a new phone it would likely be the newest one. It’s just difficult to drop $1400 in such a fragile piece of technology even if I do use it more than anything else.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien