Why is there lag on iPhone 6 Plus but not iPhone 5?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lagging on iphone 6 plus but not iphone 5?

That's why I tried to explain in detail, so others could of reproduce it too. My brother has been using his new device since its launch , but never noticed the issue until I showed it to him on my device and then on his too. So there are many people who just don't see it. I want to make them see it, and then submit a bug to Apple and others would join too. This will make them react promptly.
However, I didn't get to know how it works with Apple support yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the problem. YOU want to force others to notice something that they wouldn't otherwise notice or even care about. If they are not seeing it on their own, how do you expect them to care, especially when it does not affect their overall smartphone usage? It won't. Your quest will be in vain, in my opinion. You are better off submitting a bug report to Apple as I suggested above, in my opinion.

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site

Big format phones push way more pixels than something like the 5s......3X as many in fact. The 5s has a screen dimension that was introduced five years ago (I know because I had it on my Droid X (4.25") when I bought it in 2010 but is now pushed by faster, modern electronics and OS. You very infrequently see much in the way of lag discussions on Android forums since it is recognized and accepted that they will not run lickety split due to their resolution, screen size and multitasking. BTW, my last two phones were the Samsung Note 2 and Note 3. The 6 plus is at least as quick as the Note 3 and gets far better battery life. For those who still prefer the 5s I would think you could simply return the 6 (plus) for a small restocking fee within a couple of weeks.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

Of course there is always the placebo factor that thirteen year olds forget to calculate before discussions like this take place. FWIW I've had zero lag on my 6 plus since day one, and haven't really seen much talk of it in general ...
I for one would most likely be pointing my finger at the game rather than the hardware here ...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I have my 6 Plus right here in front of me and my friends iPhone 5S...I play SimCity Build It almost daily, and he just loaded it on his phone. The only "lag" I notice is based on the server connection to the game server providing the community marketplace portion...this is happening on both of our devices. My 6 Plus loads the game faster than his 5S...and no other performance lag outside of that server lag is showing up on my device at all.

This game isn't really a graphics intensive game so it's not one that would push even the older iPhone model...their marketplace server is terrible though.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I used to have iPhone 4s long time ago. That device was really smooth. I switched to android and recently switched back to iOS again. So now I see that iOS now is not what it used to be back then.

It's definitely not what it used to be back then...it's much better now.

Abu_khulzat

May 10, 2015
Visit site

It's definitely not what it used to be back then...it's much better now.

In terms of features, I agree that it is much better now, but in terms of smoothness and fluidity - I am very disappointed.
Hope that the new 6s plus would solve these issues

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

In terms of features, I agree that it is much better now, but in terms of smoothness and fluidity - I am very disappointed.
Hope that the new 6s plus would solve these issues

There are no common issues with said performance to address...you just have a very uncommon opinion of iOS. A vast majority of users don't experience iOS like you're reflecting...I know my iPhone 6 Plus is damn near perfect when it comes to fluidity and smoothness. Most people are in the same boat as me from what customer reviews indicate.

I mean you could come here and say that you're disappointed because the iPhone doesn't include a subwoofer for audio...and that you hope the next iteration addresses this "issue"...but in reality, it isn't an issue at all, it's just something you are clamoring on about.

Abu_khulzat

May 10, 2015
Visit site

If you search the web, actually there many complains for stutter and freezes on 6 plus. So I am not alone as you are implying.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

If you search the web, actually there many complains for stutter and freezes on 6 plus. So I am not alone as you are implying.

If I search the web for people who see an image of the virgin mary on their lawn I'd probably find a lot of those too.

Just because you and some others are having these issues it doesn't mean that there is necessarily a problem with the 6 Plus in general. I've had the same exact one that I got on launch day and haven't had these issues. Quirks here and there? Yup. Mostly was early iOS 8 related. But in general the 6 Plus is just fine.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Show me where I implied you were "alone"...

What I said was that you have an uncommon opinion of iOS, and the things you are experiencing are also uncommon. I don't have to go search the web, I do that all the time. Bottom line is, you insinuated there was a common "issue" with iOS that Apple needed to address with their next device generation...but the reality is that there is not a common issue at all and the OS runs more than satisfactory (I'd venture to use the word optimally) for a majority of the consumers who use it.

You, on the other hand, do this thing that so many do in this community where you have a problem of some sort, and you see that a few other people you found online had the same issue (or something similar anyways), so you assume it's an enveloping issue that effects ALL devices in the same way, and you go on about how Apple needs to address it.

No offense, but even if 10,000 people reported the same experience you do...you're still talking about a minuscule % of the whole. And such a small number of reports should indicate to an educated consumer that it might be isolated to their device, and not the overall build of the hardware or operating system.

Ultimately, to rectify such, those consumers should go in and have their devices replaced or repaired, and then realize that their overly generalized opinion of the "issue" was more of a hit or miss experience amongst a tiny fraction of the consumer base.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Show me where I implied you were "alone"...

What I said was that you have an uncommon opinion of iOS, and the things you are experiencing are also uncommon. I don't have to go search the web, I do that all the time. Bottom line is, you insinuated there was a common "issue" with iOS that Apple needed to address with their next device generation...but the reality is that there is not a common issue at all and the OS runs more than satisfactory (I'd venture to use the word optimally) for a majority of the consumers who use it.

You, on the other hand, do this thing that so many do in this community where you have a problem of some sort, and you see that a few other people you found online had the same issue (or something similar anyways), so you assume it's an enveloping issue that effects ALL devices in the same way, and you go on about how Apple needs to address it.

No offense, but even if 10,000 people reported the same experience you do...you're still talking about a minuscule % of the whole. And such a small number of reports should indicate to an educated consumer that it might be isolated to their device, and not the overall build of the hardware or operating system.

Ultimately, to rectify such, those consumers should go in and have their devices replaced or repaired, and then realize that their overly generalized opinion of the "issue" was more of a hit or miss experience amongst a tiny fraction of the consumer base.

There shouldn't be anything left to say after this....Period...;)

Abu_khulzat

May 10, 2015
Visit site

Ok, I am retreating... There is no warranty for my device, cause it was brought from outside of the country. I will have to wait for the fall release anyway to try to find satisfaction with the OS.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Ok, I am retreating... There is no warranty for my device, cause it was brought from outside of the country. I will have to wait for the fall release anyway to try to find satisfaction with the OS.

I hate to think that is the only way you have the ability to own an iPhone...it's not a very intelligent method of buying consumer electronics, since it negates warranty coverage that would assist you when problems arise (such as what you've described so far).

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't discount the possibility that the phone is defective. I think my note 3 became defective at some point as my signal reception became awful. There is also the possibility that people who have never owned large format phones are expecting too much in the way of fluidity. The complaints seem to come almost always from 5 owners. As opposed to former Android owners. Android people probably haven't even seen a 4 inch phone since the original Droid. Now you got a four inch phone, the 5s, with a five year old screen being pushed by last year's electronics. The 5s may be the most overpowered smartphone on the market.

Sent from my iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77