Which Storage Size Should I get?

xoayr

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I am looking to go back to an iPhone. I will be getting the iPhone 5 but I do not know what size.

I have about 2500 songs and it will be expanding slowly (I think), I don't watch movies and will likely not be recording anything. I do take alot of pictures, but I usually sync them and keep only a few pictures on until I take new ones. I don't download too many games but you never know. I do use social networking apps though, 10 maybe?

I am torn between 32gb and 64gb.

I am coming from a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I have owned a iPhone many times, but I don't remember how much space is taken from 32gb automatically (other, etc).

xoayr

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Why are you leaving the SGS3?

Sent from my iPhone 7

I kind of miss the iPhone and what it has to offer. Yes I LOVE Android absolutely, especially the Samsung Galaxy series, but I feel like switching back to iPhone for now.

Both have Pro's and Con's, but I want a change for now. I always switch my phones out, and I've had alot of phones, but I'm excited to try out the iPhone 5 :).

emirozmen

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Looks like 32 GB might be good for you, however, if you have the money go for the 64GB model. The reason is if 32 is small for your needs you are stuck with it

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I always get the largest one (64gb). You'll find a way to use it all if you have a lot of music etc. Resale value is better too.

Dustin Gutierrez

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Man, I got my iPhone 5 in a hurry cuz my mom needed my 4S after her phone had a run in with the washing machine. So now I'm stuck with a 16 GB and it is miserable.

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Man, I got my iPhone 5 in a hurry cuz my mom needed my 4S after her phone had a run in with the washing machine. So now I'm stuck with a 16 GB and it is miserable.

This is my situation but I'm currently looking for at least a 32 though I have found that where I live people sell 64s for about $20 more than 32s so why not grab double the space?

jonathan2677

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
It's true to get what you can afford,because resale plus never hurts to have extra room! I have my 5 in a 32 and don't even use 16gb but at least ill never run out my so also uses about 2.5 gb I never heard of 5-6 on a so but who knows also I got a 32 on my ipad 4 and I'm wanting to return it before my time is up!

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk HD

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's true to get what you can afford,because resale plus never hurts to have extra room! I have my 5 in a 32 and don't even use 16gb but at least ill never run out my so also uses about 2.5 gb I never heard of 5-6 on a so but who knows also I got a 32 on my ipad 4 and I'm wanting to return it before my time is up!

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk HD

I agree to a point. I also think that if you know that you will not be using even close to 16 gigs of data, it doesn't make sense to waste money on the extra storage space. I mean, under that circumstance, you already have more than you need.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I kind of miss the iPhone and what it has to offer. Yes I LOVE Android absolutely, especially the Samsung Galaxy series, but I feel like switching back to iPhone for now.

Both have Pro's and Con's, but I want a change for now. I always switch my phones out, and I've had alot of phones, but I'm excited to try out the iPhone 5 :).

Ha.....I am in the same boat. Yesterday I finally got fed up with the S3 and will be ordering a White Iphone 5. I was trying to decide on the capacity myself. When I looked at the resale value on Gazelle for a 32gb verses the 64gb, it was only $30 more as opposed to when you buy a new one and the price difference is $100. Something to consider, is Itunes Match which places all your music on the cloud and then when you want to listen to it, you will stream it from the cloud therefore reducing the size requirement. For me, I have about 200 songs in my collection. About 2 years ago, I purchased an Iphone 4 and got the minimum which I believe was 16gb. It was sufficient for my needs since I had Itunes Match. I also must admit that I am audiophile and with iTunes Match, the audio quality was superior to when I locally stored my music.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes larger models have better resale value, but that is kind of expected considering they are 100 dollars more expensive in the first place. lol

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Ha.....I am in the same boat. Yesterday I finally got fed up with the S3 and will be ordering a White Iphone 5.

Why did you get fed up with the S3. Please share your story because I am getting fed up with ours. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 7

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiprasad