• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Whatsapp background activity?

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I have noticed that when i check my battery stats that whatsapp always shows more mins of background activity then actual minutes of usage? Does that sound normal? And secondly...... I have background data turned off so how is it running in the background lol

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Yep, that’s normal. See below screenshot.

This is my usage in the past 7 days
0364718802a77fcc36ee36420e402a60.jpg

And what do you mean by background data turned off? Did you disable cellular data for Background App Refresh or did you disable Background App Refresh in its entirety?

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Yep, that’s normal. See below screenshot.

This is my usage in the past 7 days //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171212/0364718802a77fcc36ee36420e402a60.jpg
And what do you mean by background data turned off? Did you disable cellular data for Background App Refresh or did you disable Background App Refresh in its entirety?

I disabled it in its entirety. I dont actually understand what difference it makes to be honest because i still get notified immediately when a message comes in ? Can you or someone else explain the reasoning for having background data on/off? And should i be having background activity in the battery stats if its turned off? Its 100% turned off

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I disabled it in its entirety. I dont actually understand what difference it makes to be honest because i still get notified immediately when a message comes in ? Can you or someone else explain the reasoning for having background data on/off? And should i be having background activity in the battery stats if its turned off? Its 100% turned off

Here is information about Background App Refresh from iMore:

https://www.imore.com/how-to-manage-background-app-refresh-iphone-ipad

I don’t know much about it but I prefer my phone to work as it is intended to, without having to deactivate or disable stuff. But that’s just me.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Here is information about Background App Refresh from iMore:

https://www.imore.com/how-to-manage-background-app-refresh-iphone-ipad

I don’t know much about it but I prefer my phone to work as it is intended to, without having to deactivate or disable stuff. But that’s just me.

I understand that. Everything seems to function fine with it off though! Its not giving me any issues nor am i missing notifications etc I was really just curious why iam seeing background activity if background data is turned off

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I understand that. Everything seems to function fine with it off though! Its not giving me any issues nor am i missing notifications etc I was really just curious why iam seeing background activity if background data is turned off

I don’t know. Sorry.
Hopefully someone else with more knowledge will chime in soon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramzesenok