What's in a scuff?

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity why do u clean your defender that way? Reason being I usually clean my defender with a touch of dish washing liquid and water and let the case air dry. Just making sure I'm not doing anything wrong in cleaning my defender.

I prefer to clean mine with a specialty cleaning solution. The iClean solution is specifically made for touchscreen electronics and has 2 different cloths, one for cleaning and one for final shine.

You can use dish washing detergent, but its a bit harsher on the device. Shouldn't hurt it either way.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I prefer to clean mine with a specialty cleaning solution. The iClean solution is specifically made for touchscreen electronics and has 2 different cloths, one for cleaning and one for final shine.

You can use dish washing detergent, but its a bit harsher on the device. Shouldn't hurt it either way.

I was referring to the otterbox case without the phone in it. I use iClean myself on my phone.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I was referring to the otterbox case without the phone in it. I use iClean myself on my phone.

Oh. Yeah. I use the solution on the case and haven't had any problems. I use a microfiber cloth and then a qtip for the crevasses.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Otterbox Defender case as soon as my phone gets unboxed. That's what I've done with my last 3 iPhones and they have been in mint condition after my contract is up.

The only time they come out is once a month for cleaning. I remove the case, clean the case fully with solution and q-tips, then I wipe the phone down with iClean solution. The phone is kept on a towel in the middle of the table while cleaning.

I've been able to sell all my iPhones as mint condition-like new using this strategy.

I hear this, always used otterbox defender. Two days after I bought the phone, I went to grab it from the clip and it slipped and hit the floor face down. I was so shocked when I picked it up that there wasn't even a scratch.
Today took the phone out of its case, just to look at it. Felt so uncomfortable that it was clean and back in its case within twenty minutes.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I got a replacement. I don't want to go into the details because I feel like a loser. But I immediately put the new phone (that is flawless) in my Griffin Survivor and there it will stay. I think I have a sickness.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I got a replacement. I don't want to go into the details because I feel like a loser. But I immediately put the new phone (that is flawless) in my Griffin Survivor and there it will stay. I think I have a sickness.

Congrats! I wouldn't call it a sickness, we just want to take care of our iPhones

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Of course. But I would like to think that I can handle something as insignificant as a scuff on my phone.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The fragility of the iPhone is the reason why I always kept mine in a case. The iPhone 4/4S was bad enough with the glass front/back and now the iP5/5S sratches and nicks no easily. For $850 (64GB) I expect more from a fine jewel like device as apple calls it.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The fragility of the iPhone is the reason why I always kept mine in a case. The iPhone 4/4S was bad enough with the glass front/back and now the iP5/5S sratches and nicks no easily. For $850 (64GB) I expect more from a fine jewel like device as apple calls it.

That's hard to say. Considering that it is made up of a lot of glass makes it and any other touchscreen device fragile. I think the biggest part of my problem is that the phone is really attractive and I don't want it to show any wear. I would feel differently if it were a cheap, mostly plastic phone.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
The aesthetics of the iPhone is one of the reasons I switched from Android. Most Android phones look 'assembled'. The iPhone looks 'crafted'.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a gouge in my vibrate switch from my phone falling behind the bed and likely hitting a screw as I was using it while falling asleep. When I saw it was it was like "Dang" then moved on. I was surprised that I didn't care more than I do. The only thing I changed after that was putting on a blue leather J Crew snap case on the back for more piece of mind when I lay it down on tables etc.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a gouge in my vibrate switch from my phone falling behind the bed and likely hitting a screw as I was using it while falling asleep. When I saw it was it was like "Dang" then moved on. I was surprised that I didn't care more than I do. The only thing I changed after that was putting on a blue leather J Crew snap case on the back for more piece of mind when I lay it down on tables etc.

If I had a gouge in my phone and can almost guarantee it would bug the crap out of me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77