What can Siri NOT do that you WANT her to? (seriously)

BigLan

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
To address items in settings like turn off Wi-Fi, turn off Bluetooth, or switch on airplane mode.
I will also love it if Siri could do what she used to do before Apple brought them out; Things like make reservations with OpenTable, or letting me know what's going on in my area or location, as far as Plays and Concerts for the weekend.

Last edited:

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
1 Read emails

I'd love this. I'm pretty sure the reason she can't is because of the subject line. Once Apple works around that, and Siri can read emails, I'll be set. I had her transcribe a few texts on my way in to work this morning. I've never used that before now.

I wish we could tell Siri to add a Reminder to another iPhone user's phone. Like, I'd love to set Reminders for my husband.

"Siri, set a reminder for my husband to pick up dog food when he leaves work." LOL. He'd hate that feature, but I'd love it!

Ha. With me, the ex's phone would never shut up. He forgets everything and that'd be an awesome feature. Course, he'd get me back by having my phone announce to make that appointment at the health department to get those anal warts looked at or something equally as stupid while I was in the middle of a business meeting. :p :D

I would like Siri to be able to research TV listings.

"What hockey games are on Versus tongiht?"

I'd love it if she could tell me the scores for a specific game. Instead, she offers to do a web search, or I could just open up my NHL GameCenter app and look, but what fun is that when I've got Siri? :D

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
If I have one complaint, and it is very MINOR, it is that she seems to have a problem editing. If I schedule an appointment and I need to edit the title, I feel like I have to cancel the whole thing and start over instead of just editing the title.

When setting up or looking at the appointment, just say "change name" - works for me.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.494416,0.071937

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Work with the BT system in my Acura TL

Have the voice of Morris Chestnut or some similar sexy husky male voice. At least have the option ?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Jerry5k

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having problems using hands off car speaker to make calls?

Posted this on another forum a while back. ( NO answer on solving)

STILL ONE CONCERN-On my car mobile speaker device (Motorola S305) ,when I Hold & Click it to ask it to call someone (hands off speaker) Siri appears on my iPhone and I have to ask her to set up the call?
This requires me to have to lean over (iphone on car holder) or pick up my iphone to request the call.
Is there any way to stop her from appearing and go back to just asking my mobile speaker device to place the call?
I know I can turn her off whenever I enter the car to eliminate this problem but this defeats the purpose of having Siri)
Is anyone else experiencing this problem? (Any way, other than turning Siri, can this problem can be corrected?)

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I think I may have already answered this but in case I haven't, Siri cannot hypnotize beautiful women and make them love me (kidding).

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Without a doubt:
1) turn wi fi on and off and connect to preferred networks
2) turn bluetooth on and off
3) read back text based emails
4) start applications
5) be able to send tweets and update Facebook status

abscam_man

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Turn on/off Bluetooth.

There is a shortcut for bluetooth and a number of other items. Checkout

"iPhone Settings Shortcuts by Jeff Broderick"

There are quicklinks to bluetooth, wifi, brightness, airplane mode, hotspot, notifcations, location, vpn, etc, etc. You can put it on your phone and one click you have bluetooth opened and you are turning it on/off. Bam!

Reactions: porksoda and rich67

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
There is a shortcut for bluetooth and a number of other items. Checkout

"iPhone Settings Shortcuts by Jeff Broderick"

There are quicklinks to bluetooth, wifi, brightness, airplane mode, hotspot, notifcations, location, vpn, etc, etc. You can put it on your phone and one click you have bluetooth opened and you are turning it on/off. Bam!

Dude...absolutely awesome...

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Siri is very limited in canada so i have not been able to do a lot what you guys down south can do. Also when i do use siri to do emailing and other things it tends to be a bit slower than me stopping my car and just doing it myself.

I am not complaining as its "first gen" but Siri could be faster... i honestly havn't used siri in a bit.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincie855