Was 16GB Enough storage for you?

red5gary

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
No, you need at least min 32G these days with 4K video and games. When you get a new device 7 to 9G are already used up, not much left on a 16G device.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
It was until I got the 6 in 2014. That's when I decided to put my music library on my phone instead of carrying an iPod too.

macboer

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I still have a 16Gb 6. It is not difficult. You just have to think about storage space more. You have to choose which apps to load onto the device.

For myself I would rather go 32gb next time. But for a daughter 16Gb is fine.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I am planning to buy one 16gb iphone 6s for my daughter. I would like to understand, whether it would be sufficient to use ios10 on 16gb device.

If you're your daughter is a corporate minion, that will only be allowed to use the device for email, take a few company pics, run a proprietary app or two, or be tracked by the man, then yes, 16 gigs is sufficient.

If your daughter is a normal teen, and you share a data plan, then no, it won't even be close.

I travel all over the world (for work). It's nice being able to load her up, and not have to worry about wifi streaming speeds, or if you're even allowed to access the media in the country you're in. (Netflix and Hulu will take you're money, but deny you access depending on where you are, not where you live. :crying: ) ��

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
1fd969fc3c9564be46509c38e1b10f9c.jpg

16gb wouldn't get me very far

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I travel all over the world (for work). It's nice being able to load her up, and not have to worry about wifi streaming speeds, or if you're even allowed to access the media in the country you're in. (Netflix and Hulu will take you're money, but deny you access depending on where you are, not where you live. :crying: ) ��

Have you also tried with vpn? Then the place would be decided where the vpn connection is :)
Opera has a free vpn service. But for your work it's also possible you already use vpn.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Have you also tried with vpn? Then the place would be decided where the vpn connection is :)
Opera has a free vpn service. But for your work it's also possible you already use vpn.

I've looked into it, but with the mouthy bandwidth limitations, and cost for others, I had somewhat scratched the idea. I've used the tor network from time to time, but it is butt slow. Think back to the 9600 baud dial up days.

Thanks for the Opera advice. I tried it, Netflix pops up with a warning stating it has detected a proxy and asks you to please turn it off, I can now get into Hulu, but when you click on a video, an error pops up, but the good news is Amazon Video now works. Thanks again.

Friendzone

Banned
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I could've up to as recently as 2014, which equates to 10 years ago in smartphone years lol. Last year I finally set my minimum to 32gb on phones and 128 on tablets despite people on forums claiming 16 wasn't enough all the years before that (it was)

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
If you don't play a lot of games, and don't intend on taking 4K videos. Yes, it should be fine.
However, you may find problems a year down the line and things might get tight. Normally i wouldn't worry case about the storage size because you could always add a microSD card. but unfortunately Apple doesn't support that.

Well there are external storage options now for iphone like the Leef ibridge that connects to your phone via the lighting connector. You can take photos and videos that go directly to the external. The only downside is that you can't put apps, or movies and music bought on itunes on it. But everything else will work.

garrett96

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Honestly a 64 GB iPhone was perfect for me. That's what I had when I got the 6 Plus. 16 & 32 GB are just not enough bc of all the apps & music I have on my phone. I had to go for the 128 GB when I got the 7 Plus. I'll never even come close to using all of the space.

wkelly24

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
16 GB was good for starting new. But after apps, data, and photos started to take off, it became a daily task to manage the space on my iOS device. With that said, I didn't have any real stopper issues. Just some delays to get things freed up to take more photo's or get a new app.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien