• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

VOTE: Ban Politics in forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Why are you adverse to talking about race??? I think that's a bigger issue. I'm sitting in Argentjna right now it's like how they don't like to talk about the disappeared during the military junta, nothings all ishts and giggles and dismissing people's opinions on a sensitive topic is about as insulting as you can be. Saying don't talk about it, because you don't like the topics, or it makes you uncomfortable, or it makes people show their true colors pun intended is exactly what people need. You shouldn't be comfortable , it should be tackled head on, examined, understood , and improved. If we can read articles on how Adam Lanzas cry for help went unheard we can make an attempt to understand the systematic disenfranchisement of various groups with in this country.

The issue isn't the subject of race. It’s the fact that some people want to turn EVERY political thread into a referendum/discourse on race issues. Yeah, race can be a factor in a lot of things, but NOT every stinking thread.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Why are you adverse to talking about race??? I think that's a bigger issue. I'm sitting in Argentjna right now it's like how they don't like to talk about the disappeared during the military junta, nothings all ishts and giggles and dismissing people's opinions on a sensitive topic is about as insulting as you can be. Saying don't talk about it, because you don't like the topics, or it makes you uncomfortable, or it makes people show their true colors pun intended is exactly what people need. You shouldn't be comfortable , it should be tackled head on, examined, understood , and improved. If we can read articles on how Adam Lanzas cry for help went unheard we can make an attempt to understand the systematic disenfranchisement of various groups with in this country.

I'm not adverse...When every thread is turned in to race debate by the same (and yes we know who they are) group of people, it's way off topic and not what the thread was intended to discuss. What does a thread titled: Democratic party lack of vision, or, Republicans are far right,.. have to do with race?

Nothing...

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind the Political sub Forum. I just choose not to discuss politics. Everyone is free to believe what they want to believe in. Including Santa Claus.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
No subject is taboo if we can remain civilized. But can we?!

Agreed,, But every thread turned into a race debate....By the same small group of 3....Seriously..... I wanted to discuss the failing policies of this administration.. Not be called a raciest or told I don't like him because he's black.

What's done is done. Let's not dwell it..

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Well then why don't you start a new thread about race. Then the other political threads can remain on topic. All roads may lead to Rome, but not all political issues are about race.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Well then why don't you start a new thread about race. Then the other political threads can remain on topic. All roads may lead to Rome, but not all political issues are about race.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

I didn't know the world worked in a vacuum where topics are mutually exclusive and borders are well defined. Perhaps we should tell nature to get on board and compartmentalize in execution and thought.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Agreed,, But every thread turned into a race debate....By the same small group of 3....Seriously..... I wanted to discuss the failing policies of this administration.. Not be called a raciest or told I don't like him because he's black.

What's done is done. Let's not dwell it..

But that's the problem you can't prove that the administrations policies have failed. You say you want to talk about policy but never actually address the topic when challenged with factual evidence stating your claim is utternonsense.

So, either you have an alterior motive or your being can not allow you to accept truth, which leads to the next question why can't you accept truth. What is the block in your mind that keeps you from admitting at least objectively the administration is anything but fialure. I presented you with documentation comparing Raegans economic progress and he is glorified, but the numbers show Obama with a recession that was 3x s the size of Reagan has objectively done better, but you don't glorify his economic success. Why is this? You keep repeating talking points that are simply false. If you say his administration has failed prove it. Otherwise, zip it. I think there are many reasons to not like Obama but calling him or his administration a failure is simply not one of them.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I didn't know the world worked in a vacuum where topics are mutually exclusive and borders are well defined. Perhaps we should tell nature to get on board and compartmentalize in execution and thought.

Forum rules state: "keep threads on topic" I don't think hijacking a thread and turning in to a debate over race or religion keeps topics on track.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using 100% recycled electrons and of course Tapatalk

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
But that's the problem you can't prove that the administrations policies have failed. You say you want to talk about policy but never actually address the topic when challenged with factual evidence stating your claim is utternonsense.

So, either you have an alterior motive or your being can not allow you to accept truth, which leads to the next question why can't you accept truth. What is the block in your mind that keeps you from admitting at least objectively the administration is anything but fialure. I presented you with documentation comparing Raegans economic progress and he is glorified, but the numbers show Obama with a recession that was 3x s the size of Reagan has objectively done better, but you don't glorify his economic success. Why is this? You keep repeating talking points that are simply false. If you say his administration has failed prove it. Otherwise, zip it. I think there are many reasons to not like Obama but calling him or his administration a failure is simply not one of them.

I've posted fact after fact and articles to back them up time and time again in that thread. Facts were ignored and turned in to a race and religion debate.

Look for yourself a new thread been started and... Less than 10 posts has been hijacked by religion...

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm not adverse...When every thread is turned in to race debate by the same (and yes we know who they are) group of people, it's way off topic and not what the thread was intended to discuss. What does a thread titled: Democratic party lack of vision, or, Republicans are far right,.. have to do with race?

Nothing...

No it's not off base because it's a valid component in how we as human beings interact with those around us. Again, not my subjective opinion, but as studied by the experts in sociology , psychology and human interaction. Again, I find it more disturbing that it bothers you so much to include something that's so painfully obvious. It's to me like saying well Jackie Robinson was a great baseball player why can't we just look at his numbers, because guess what the world never did and never would just view him by the numbers. So denying the giant elephant in the room wasn't going to make it go away.

In short, a discussion about race on its own is silly because it has no meaning outside the frame and context of its impact on people. I mean we just had the best job numbers in the US since 1999 but you make claims like failed policies, what f ing planet does that even make sense. What's more intriguing is that any rational person would even repeat something so off base. I mean f k Clinton got isht from the GOp but it wasn't sheer non sense, I mean it alreast stayed in the realm of plausibility

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
No it's not off base because it's a valid component in how we as human beings interact with those around us. Again, not my subjective opinion, but as studied by the experts in sociology , psychology and human interaction. Again, I find it more disturbing that it bothers you so much to include something that's so painfully obvious. It's to me like saying well Jackie Robinson was a great baseball player why can't we just look at his numbers, because guess what the world never did and never would just view him by the numbers. So denying the giant elephant in the room wasn't going to make it go away.

I think you just like to cause trouble...

I fart in your general direction.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I've posted fact after fact and articles to back them up time and time again in that thread. Facts were ignored and turned in to a race and religion debate.

Look for yourself a new thread been started and... Less than 10 posts has been hijacked by religion...

Here's the problem....there's a HUGE difference between what is fact and and what YOU think is fact based upon what media outlet you praise.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Here's the problem....there's a HUGE difference between what is fact and and what YOU think is fact based upon what media outlet you praise.

Ok hijacker #3.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm done with you!

It is best to be silent when you don't have a leg to stand on. The season started so strong for you... But like your mountaineers, when faced with some real challenges- you folded.

I'll let you in on a little secret, as to why you could never beat me in this debate. It is the same reason why Mittens had no chance against Obama. Deep down you probably believe all this non-sense that is portrayed about minorities, how they couldn't possibly be that good, how they are inferior when compared to the average non-minority. I don't blame you, it's conditioning, it's subconscious , so by that token it makes it difficult for some to accept how formidable of an opponent they must be facing. Being black you learn this , in order to be successful, being ok or just as good or even slightly better will never be enough. If you really think ObAma was or is a failure or he wasn't going to succeed, you were sadly mistaken he's that much better than you could imagine simply because he had to be or he would never even remotely had the chance to get to the level he's made it. Think about this basically he's managed to get everything he's wanted and hes had absolute 100% opposition from the GOP.

The fact that you portrayed him as this failure or anything else only made it easier. If the GOP had approached Obama as a worthy opponent , instead of using non sensical arguments that are easily dismantled upon examination they would have had a chance. Much like this debate endEd with your silence , you were unprepared to actually have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnyville01