Use of iCloud with jailbreak

justinkk2005

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I haven't jailbroken yet, I just have a few questions you guys maybe (more than likely so) are able to answer.

1.) If I do an iCloud backup of my device after i've jailbroken it, in the future if I want to restore to my stock firmware (not jailbroken) can I restore from that iCloud backup and it remain original? I've spent hours getting my iPad laid out the way I want it (icons, photo albums, etc) and I really don't want to have to redo all of that if I want to go back stock.

2.) After I jailbreak and I make change to my layout mentioned above and backup to iCloud, will it restore back from iCloud to everything as I backed it up minus the jailbreak?

Finally..

3.) When I update to iOS 6 (had beta 3, wasn't a fan of the beta) in the future and it "removes my jailbreak" will it make it completely stock as to where Apple can't even tell it's been jailbroken or do you have to completely wipe it out before it removes that history?

I don't want to jailbreak it and have everything fixed up the way I want it as far as photo albums/app data and then in the future do a restore and not be able to restore from iCloud.

Thanks guys!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I can probably answer question 3. There MAY still be a way for Apple to check, BUT it's unlikely that they will do so, as it's probably an expensive and time consuming process, and not normally done. I know RIM can retrieve information from wiped BBs and there are certain chipset buffers and such that they can check for clues, BUT again it's expensive, time consuming and doesn't always result in useful information. It's unlikely they will check, BUT they probably can.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottgard