Update Identifier On Settings

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I've JB'd my new phone and the Settings springboard icon has a "1" badge on it. I've drilled into settings and found that this is because a software update is available.

How can I get rid of this badge or do I have to live with it? (I've clicked on software update in case there's a "Decline" option but it just attempts to look for the update and continues looking without doing anything else).

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
DO NOT update. you will lose your jailbreak probably until Christmas (assuming you have an A5+ device)

search Cydia for: noOTA

i'm sure there are other tweaks out there to get rid of the badge but this one worked good enough for me

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
DO NOT update. you will lose your jailbreak probably until Christmas (assuming you have an A5+ device)

search Cydia for: noOTA

i'm sure there are other tweaks out there to get rid of the badge but this one worked good enough for me

No problem, I wasn't going to update. :)

I've dl'd noOTA from Cydia and it's not done anything. Do I need to activate it? I can't find a noOTA icon anywhere. I've rebooted the handset but the badge is still there.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
noOTA blocks the update, not the badge. What you should use is No Update. This will hopefully hide the badge.

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I've just tried No Update too and the badge is still there. I've emailed the noOTA dev along with a logcat and just waiting for them to respond.

I'm wondering if the issue is specific to my phone or maybe to 6.1.2 in general.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB