Unlocked iP4 - 32GB - Should I Jailbreak?

Photo01

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
All,

This week I picked up an UNLOCKED iPhone 4 - 32GB (Version 4.1 (8B117) from an Apple store here in Canada. I paid full retail for the phone and was not forced into signing a long-term contract with my carrier (Telus). I did this because my wife and I do a fair bit of travelling and I wanted to be able to swap out SIM Cards wherever we travel (U.S. & Overseas).

So, do I 'need' to jailbreak my phone? In a previous life, I was a Programmer/Analyst and have always tweaked my computers to perform better/faster. So far, I like the phone and don't see a need to jailbreak it, but that may change in the future.

More importantly, if I do jailbreak it, will it still be unlocked? If I have to restore it in the future, will it become locked or remain unlocked?

Thanks,

Photo

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
If you want to:

- change event sounds
- access fs to manipulate various aspects
- have notifications Bb style in the statusbar
- have gesture based hotkeys
- have sbsettings to have access to key settings with a tap or a gesture

Then you need to jb

There is a lot more but those are things I find essential.

Last edited:

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
If it's a factory unlock iPhone, it will forever be unlock. Updating the firmware or JBing won't change that.

Handlebars

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I have a 16 gig iPhone 4 that I purchased from apple too. It will always be unlocked if you have purchased it from them here in Canada.

iPhone4Rocks!

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
You don't NEED to jailbreak your iPhone for it to say unlocked, but theres minimum downside to JB one. Customization, countless features, you would be crazy not to jailbreak haha.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii28