Twitter and iPhone

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
First app I bought when I got my iPhone yesterday! was Tweetie. But then I'm a big twit.

Alli_Flowers on Twitter

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Oh! And don't forget to make sure not to lock your updates. I tried following someone on here who had linked to Twitter in a sig, but it was locked. That seemed rather counter productive. :/

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Oh! And don't forget to make sure not to lock your updates. I tried following someone on here who had linked to Twitter in a sig, but it was locked. That seemed rather counter productive. :/

Well there is a point to locking your tweets, it's called spam. Some people spam, and if you lock them, you don't get 80 billion people following you and getting e-mails or messages.

I also lock my updates because I have irritating relatives that have twitter, and I really don't want them following me, haha

It's not that big of a deal, just click request and they approve you. Not a hassle.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
iMuggle, I think you have Twitter backwards. Your followers can't spam you. You can only be spammed by people you follow. So don't follow spammers and don't follow your annoying relatives. ;)

Seriously, be very picky about who you follow and it will become a much better experience.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
iMuggle, I think you have Twitter backwards. Your followers can't spam you. You can only be spammed by people you follow. So don't follow spammers and don't follow your annoying relatives. ;)

Seriously, be very picky about who you follow and it will become a much better experience.

When I had my feed open, I'd get random people following me and random e-mails from twitter all the time. When I set it to private, it stopped. The main point is, people can see your feed, which I don't want, hence the privacy issue.

I have no problem approving people who are actual people who aren't promoting something or just trying to gain followers. That's the main reason I have it as private. If your twitter is unprotected, you can still get spammed. It also becomes very difficult to weed out who you want to follow from those who are following you.

That's just me though. I had issues with receiving junk and getting e-mails for me to follow random people etc but when I protected it stopped, so I'll just leave it that way lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elena4151