Tweaks to get wifi to auto-connect when in range?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
As stated in my OP, I'd like to find a tweak that would make it unnecessary for me to go to Settings->wifi and tap on my work network any time I'm in range--fairly simple and straight-forward question, IMHO.

There are no tweaks that do this because iOS does this natively. If your phone does not do that, it is either an issue with your phone or the network you are trying to connect to; it is NOT a wider issue with iOS or iPhones in general.

There you go, a straightforward answer to a straightforward question.

If you don't like this answer, I would humbly suggest you do your own research as kch50428 is one of the most knowledgeable people on here, and trust me, he knows more about iOS than you or I do.

Dixon Cox

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
There are no tweaks that do this
ok.

because iOS does this natively.
As I described (and demonstrated with a screen cap!) it doesn't. So it's not me not liking the answers. It is answers not addressing the issue and instead telling me that Apple knows best.

If your phone does not do that, it is either an issue with your phone or the network you are trying to connect to;
Again, nonsense. If my phone didn't auto-connect to any network, then blaming the phone would've been plausible explanation. If no device could auto-connect to my work network, then blaming network would've been a plausible explanation. But when Android phones and Windows computers auto-connect just fine, and the iphones/ipads don't, it is either Apple's fault, or Apple's control issue (again crApple's fault!), which requires a tweak. If there isn't one, then there isn't one. That's fine. But don't treat me like I'm a moron or tell me that the issue doesn't exist because I happened to bring this up first.

If you don't like this answer, I would humbly suggest you do your own research as kch50428 is one of the most knowledgeable people on here, and trust me, he knows more about iOS than you or I do.
I'm sure that he knows alot more about iOS than I do, LOL. I wish I known nothing of it -- this is my first and last iPhone, and I have to say, it is the biggest disappointment ever as far as tech purchases go. I really regret I bought into the hype.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
You can take it back or sell it out right.... But explanations have been stated on why and what works, etc...

Don't think there is much else to say.....

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue, the known wifi network kept disconnecting every time I shut the screen down. What I did was when asked to connect to the wifi network I tapped other, wrote the same exact Network as the one that was always disconnecting, it took me to the next page where to choose the security then I went back rewrote the password and left the button unchecked for when it asks you to join network. That did it. There is nothing that states to forget network like there is in most every other phone I have. To forget my wifi network I went to settings, general, reset, (reset network settings). This erases all wifi settings so you can rewrite them. This is what I did and it worked. Hope this helps you because it sucked having to rewrite that damn password every time I opened the phone.

David Maples

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Having just bought an Iphone 5s, and moving over from android, I have spent the better part of 2 days trying to figure out differences. This is one of the questions I have yet to find an answer to this question. I am a technician, so I'm not helpless in these things, and several of the solutions to other "issues" I have managed figure out because of the direction pointed in the previous solutions. but this one is not "available" in any manner that I can figure out and it may be due to IOS 7.1.2. I have a wireless router at home, and a mobile hotspot I use at work. The Iphone will auto connect to the last Wifi it used, but to go from home to work I must go to Wifi and select the other Wifi by pressing "connect". I did not have to do this with my android. I am the only one who set these Wifi networks, and there is no security on them other than password and WPA2. (update: in the third day it seems to have started autoconnecting without being prompted....) :)

Last edited:

herosourabh

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
ok.

As I described (and demonstrated with a screen cap!) it doesn't. So it's not me not liking the answers. It is answers not addressing the issue and instead telling me that Apple knows best.

Again, nonsense. If my phone didn't auto-connect to any network, then blaming the phone would've been plausible explanation. If no device could auto-connect to my work network, then blaming network would've been a plausible explanation. But when Android phones and Windows computers auto-connect just fine, and the iphones/ipads don't, it is either Apple's fault, or Apple's control issue (again crApple's fault!), which requires a tweak. If there isn't one, then there isn't one. That's fine. But don't treat me like I'm a moron or tell me that the issue doesn't exist because I happened to bring this up first.

I'm sure that he knows alot more about iOS than I do, LOL. I wish I known nothing of it -- this is my first and last iPhone, and I have to say, it is the biggest disappointment ever as far as tech purchases go. I really regret I bought into the hype.

thomaz

Jul 11, 2017
Visit site
My iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1.2 looses Wifi every couple Hours.
Even when it is AC Powered without Standby (Display always on).
Now my last hope was Insomnia but also there Wifi goes Offline after ~6 Hrs and never comes back until i initialize it manually (lock/unlock it).

So where is "THE APP" which checks if Wifi is on and when it detects that Wifi is off it automatically reenables it?
If Apple isnt able to do this, we need an app to do it.

Fresh iOS, Pango jailbreaked, Insomnia and WhatsApp+Linphone running all the time.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77