How to get Arcos golf app to remain open when playing golf

aapierre

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I have searched on the internet for the guide as to how to get any app to remain open when in use but to no avail as they all seem to be older articles

i have the Arcos golf app which links with a bit of tech in the handle of my clubs and records a shot when taken.

the app keeps auto closing and leaving me at either the home screen or the app screen.

what settings do i use on the apple watch to tell all apps to remain open when selected ?

thanks in advance

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
@aapierre - do you have Background App Refresh enabled for cellular data as well as Wi-Fi? You can check this by going to Settings>General>Background App Refresh. Make sure that it's enabled for cellular because I doubt you have access to Wi-Fi on the golf course, but who knows... anything is possible. Also, make sure that Arcos is toggled on.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Try also looking (in the watch app on the iPhone) in General / Return to Clock. You can either set the default to 1 hour, or, because that may be annoying for other apps, tap the app in the list below that setting, tap "custom", and you can set it to return to the watch face after 1 hour just for that app (which I believe is the longest time). As long as you use the app at some point during the hour, I believe t that it will stay on the app.