TiPb Give-Away 3.0: 1Password Pro for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcall

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Your name!

I've actually seen people use this for email etc, even when their name is also in the email address.
Eg:
uesername: joebloggs(at)yahoo.com
password: joebloggs

:-D

Arwy

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Very simple and lame passwords:
1) 123
123456 and so on depending on how many digits are required by the service.
2) qwerty
3) admin
4) 7777777 (seven sevens - for some reason people like it)
5) your birthday digits, because it's very easy to guess them from Facebook, MySpace and other social networks
e.g. May, 11th - 0511
6) god, sex, love as it was in a movie
7) words "password" or "pass"
8) xxx
9) your home or cell phone number (digits are easily accessible from social networks)
10) your favorite color, plant and so on like "pink", "rose", "lilly"

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
The worst would have to be a pets name. Our dog's name is peanut and for a while most of our passwords were secured by the word "Peanut". That was almost embarrassing to put in.

CiS_illusionist

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I think the dumbest password of all time would be 'G0D' but then I to was one that used that to infinity in the belief that the Divine protection somehow stemmed to a PC Password.

I was wrong, my email got hacked... lol, those were the days.

clayrussell

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
One of my famous password solutions prior to being a 1Password user, would be to make the password the name of the application or web service I need the password for using "0" in place of spaces.

Example: the0iphone0blog
YouTube: you0tube
PayPal: pay0pal
Bank of America: bank0of0america

To my knowledge, this deep level of encoding has yet to be broken. If you calculate the numerical value of any password using this system, it clearly translates to:

"Be sure to drink your Ovaltine"

anagoor

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
A friend of mine uses:"iknowit" as password.

I think he was tired of me asking always are you sure you still know the password to access your shared folder? :)

Cheers,
matteo

vazpazaz

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
I've always used Password1 as an easy to remember/hack password that satisfies the alpha/numeric/caps requirement, but i wont expect to win a prizes here as loads of people seem to have too.

However, for stronger passwords that are both cryptic and easy to remember we in my IT team have always used the first letters of song lyrics with transposed numbers for inspiration. So for example the first line of the Beatles song Hey Jude:

Hey jude, dont make it bad.
Take a sad song and make it better.

Would give you a password of:

Hjdm1bTa55am1b

Very secure imho :) however, people do see you singing at servers and think you're nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flickoo