Tapatalk update

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes but for some reason Tapatalk works with the photo icon and the iMore Forums app works with the paperclip. Now the iMore website uses the paperclip (attachment) to post photos as well. Not sure how your able to post photos with the Paperclip on Tapatalk. I'm going to try...
View attachment 130455

The blue D should be broken for you guys even though I'm able to see it

I can see it…

57216aad070328a307ca266573c495b5.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to suggest that when using the Tapatalk app use the photo icon and when using the iMore app use the paperclip. Remember even if you can see your photo doesn't mean everyone else can, however if you use the methods above we should be able to see your photo/screenshot posts.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Shows on my TapaTalk as a link. Link goes nowhere.
e42926c084e577e305fee9299e038bdf.png

I just went back and checked and indeed it has turned into a link that's no good when before it was the actual photo. That is strange. That's why I suggested to just follow what we've been doing for years now. Tapatalk use the photo icon and for iMore phone app use the paperclip.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
OK - to hopefully bury the dead horse & have a cremation on this broken link conundrum, I've attached here the same material normally from the homescreen thread. I'd previously used the medium size selection but will now use the 'Original' size as I wondered if filesize is/was ever a factor. This is of course Tapatalk, using photo icon. I've never seen a broken link on Spencerdl's initial posts of screens so let's see. The medium attachments are several posts back.
62e22c21be93664d08d6044bcef97604.png

46667005d3aab9cfa2cdbd10d9c7ec1a.png

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
OK - to hopefully bury the dead horse & have a cremation on this broken link conundrum, I've attached here the same material normally from the homescreen thread. I'd previously used the medium size selection but will now use the 'Original' size as I wondered if filesize is/was ever a factor. This is of course Tapatalk, using photo icon. I've never seen a broken link on Spencerdl's initial posts of screens so let's see. The medium attachments are several posts back.
62e22c21be93664d08d6044bcef97604.png

46667005d3aab9cfa2cdbd10d9c7ec1a.png

I don't even know why they offer Small and Medium size. I mean...who wants their images to look fuzzy? Just saying!

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't even know why they offer Small and Medium size. I mean...who wants their images to look fuzzy? Just saying!

That’s Tapatalk-specific.

Larger resolution pictures take more space, costing more money (at Tapatalk’s scale). Those pictures aren’t hosted by iMore, but Tapatalk themselves.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That’s Tapatalk-specific.

Larger resolution pictures take more space, costing more money (at Tapatalk’s scale). Those pictures aren’t hosted by iMore, but Tapatalk themselves.

Right. But who would choose the lower resolution, unless they didn't know the quality isn't as good. I never said the resolution size was done by iMore on TapaTalk.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Right. But who would choose the lower resolution, unless they didn't know the quality isn't as good. I never said the resolution size was done by iMore on TapaTalk.

Understood - but simply for what it's worth - I remember getting 'my first' computer at 45 years old and mostly teaching myself. Even at work at that time ( mid-90's) the only literacy involved was using 'information-terminals' for scheduling information and very basic weather briefings. The then younger generation had been exposed to a digital world since their school days and essentially grew up with it. I was mentored by peers only. Then and now the implication the 'everyone knows that' simply misses the point. All 'users' aren't necessarily 'enthusiasts' and forums are meant to share, teach, assist, and inform any and all. The specifics of any problem are differently viewed by different people and general background knowledge grows with each discussion, IMHO.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Understood - but simply for what it's worth - I remember getting 'my first' computer at 45 years old and mostly teaching myself. Even at work at that time ( mid-90's) the only literacy involved was using 'information-terminals' for scheduling information and very basic weather briefings. The then younger generation had been exposed to a digital world since their school days and essentially grew up with it. I was mentored by peers only. Then and now the implication the 'everyone knows that' simply misses the point. All 'users' aren't necessarily 'enthusiasts' and forums are meant to share, teach, assist, and inform any and all. The specifics of any problem are differently viewed by different people and general background knowledge grows with each discussion, IMHO.

Indeed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FadedInsomnia