Swapping Verizon SIM on iPads

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Would I be able to take the SIM from my iPad Air 2 and pop it in an iPad Pro 12.9” and activate it? My Air 2 is under contract until December 2018 and I don’t want to pay another $20 a month to activate a new iPad. Just want to switch iPads on my plan

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Would I be able to take the SIM from my iPad Air 2 and pop it in an iPad Pro 12.9” and activate it? My Air 2 is under contract until December 2018 and I don’t want to pay another $20 a month to activate a new iPad. Just want to switch iPads on my plan

Yep.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to post an update, this went horribly wrong lol. As soon as switched the SIM into my iPP my account got locked and I had to call Verizon to get it sorted out and unlocked. They told me that I should call them before swapping SIM cards on devices that are still under contract. Once I explained that I wasn’t trying to leave the contract and that I just wanted to switch the device on the contract it was no problem.

Since I had paid iPad Air 2 off 100% and it was mine they had no issue with it. They assigned my iPP to my account and removed my Air 2 so I could sell it. I sold my Air 2 for $160 if I remember correctly and bought an iPP 12.9 128GB for $575 that came with a Logitech Create Keyboard which I wanted desperately since my Air 2 had the Anker Keyboard Case.

Hope they announce new iPads soon and if I do upgrade to new iPP 12.9 I’m def getting a Keyboard Case for it. It’s a game changer for me.