Replace SIM with ESIM - Verizon

Wildside

Dec 29, 2020
Visit site
I'm about to start regularly traveling internationally for work.

I stopped by Verizon today to have my iPhone 13 Pro switched from physical SIM to ESIM. That was a failure. The store personnel were helpful and tried to complete the switch based on what they "know" but couldn't get it done. They called tech support to get me a QR code to complete the switch. Tech support wanted to talk to me. Twenty minutes later tech support is trying to set up my phone to have two phone numbers and started telling me the terms of my new Verizon phone number with unlimited talk/text/data. I again explained I want to use ESIM on my phone so I can leave my EU physical SIM in the phone to use when I'm traveling. Whoosh - right over their head.

Has anyone used an iPhone (12/13/whatever) with a physical SIM and successfully switched to an ESIM with the same phone number?

Thank you.

Wildside

Dec 29, 2020
Visit site
Thank you for that link.

That's what we were trying in the store yesterday. The in-store personnel were trying to get me a QR code but the tech support people were insisting I need second line on phone.

This morning I'm going to try to do it through the My Verizon app.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm about to start regularly traveling internationally for work.

I stopped by Verizon today to have my iPhone 13 Pro switched from physical SIM to ESIM. That was a failure. The store personnel were helpful and tried to complete the switch based on what they "know" but couldn't get it done. They called tech support to get me a QR code to complete the switch. Tech support wanted to talk to me. Twenty minutes later tech support is trying to set up my phone to have two phone numbers and started telling me the terms of my new Verizon phone number with unlimited talk/text/data. I again explained I want to use ESIM on my phone so I can leave my EU physical SIM in the phone to use when I'm traveling. Whoosh - right over their head.

Has anyone used an iPhone (12/13/whatever) with a physical SIM and successfully switched to an ESIM with the same phone number?

Thank you.
Yes, I did this last fall. I had eSIM when I first bought the 13 Pro, but it needed repair, and the loaner phone I was using was physical SIM only, so I had to stop by a Verizon store to switch to that.

I switched back a few weeks after I got the 13 Pro back (I waited a few weeks because I was traveling right after getting the phone back and I didn't want it messed up while I was gone.)

I followed the instructions here: https://www.caseyliss.com/2022/9/8/verizon-esim-conversion and they worked perfectly for me. I didn't have to go to the store - it was right from My Verizon on their web site.

Wildside

Dec 29, 2020
Visit site
Sorry for the delayed update. I was out of town.

I got this working through the MyVerizon app. Took about 20 minutes to get things working.

Apparently I had to reset iMessage to get that and FaceTime working and did that today so I'm all set.

Reactions: doogald

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR