Sonos angers users with privacy policy by removing key protection — what does this mean for your personal data?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I “guess” the attitude of Sonos is this: Everyone else is making money selling customer data, why shouldn’t we? Businesses have been trying to recoup lost revenue brought on by the pandemic as if it were our fault.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I “guess” the attitude of Sonos is this: Everyone else is making money selling customer data, why shouldn’t we? Businesses have been trying to recoup lost revenue brought on by the pandemic as if it were our fault.

It always happens when profit or revenue start to fall.

Picked up two Sonos speakers last month. The speakers requires an app, the app required me to setup a Sonos account and give the app my precise gps location as well as access to my WiFi network and all devices connected to it. and there was some kind of message on the app to notify me they were going to use and give access to my data to third parties, crazy .

Returned the Sonos speakers the very next day and picked up 4 Apple HomePods.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It always happens when profit or revenue start to fall.

Picked up two Sonos speakers last month. The speakers requires an app, the app required me to setup a Sonos account and give the app my precise gps location as well as access to my WiFi network and all devices connected to it. and there was some kind of message on the app to notify me they were going to use and give access to my data to third parties, crazy .

Returned the Sonos speakers the very next day and picked up 4 Apple HomePods.

I would have done the exact same thing. I mean - I appreciate them being upfront and all, but my gosh, I don’t want to sell my soul just to have a pair of great sounding speakers. It’s not worth it.

Reactions: FFR

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I would have done the exact same thing. I mean - I appreciate them being upfront and all, but my gosh, I don’t want to sell my soul just to have a pair of great sounding speakers. It’s not worth it.

Indeed, from time to time I might pick up some non-apple tech to see how the industry is doing, it does not look to be doing well.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urbanwoodsman1966