Siri Setting/Problem

tewest86

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I've google and searched everywhere but I can't find an answer to my problem. Normally, when you activate (Holding Home Button) Siri, you get 2 beeps. For that last few days, I no long get the beep but a "Yes". This is very annoying because everytime Siri wants me to respong she says "Yes" instead of 2 beeps. She sounds like my old college Professor from Poland that new English but not very well. She would say " Did you do your work, yes?" Every question ended with a "yes". I did jailbreak and add Siri toggles but this started like 3 days after I installed Siri Toggles. I even Uninstalled Siri Toggles and I still have the same problem. I also tried Hands-Free but uninstalled that. Now That I think about it, I think this started when I installed Hands-Free. Is there a way for me to get it back to the normal 2 beeps without restoring?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've google and searched everywhere but I can't find an answer to my problem. Normally, when you activate (Holding Home Button) Siri, you get 2 beeps. For that last few days, I no long get the beep but a "Yes". This is very annoying because everytime Siri wants me to respong she says "Yes" instead of 2 beeps. She sounds like my old college Professor from Poland that new English but not very well. She would say " Did you do your work, yes?" Every question ended with a "yes". I did jailbreak and add Siri toggles but this started like 3 days after I installed Siri Toggles. I even Uninstalled Siri Toggles and I still have the same problem. I also tried Hands-Free but uninstalled that. Now That I think about it, I think this started when I installed Hands-Free. Is there a way for me to get it back to the normal 2 beeps without restoring?

No you are going to restore your phone to factory speck so you have none of those other apps and then if you want leave it unjailbroken or just plain jailbreak it.

I would like to remind you although many do. By jailbreaking a new phone you are risking voiding or you did void your warranty and every time something happens you are going to have to restore to factory to talk to tech support or go to an Apple store.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
The yes is from a setting in the hands free tweak, which means you had "voice response" on. But I don't know why it got stuck after you uninstalled hands free, and she should not have said yes after each response.

tewest86

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'll restore and rejailbreak. It's really no problem. I'm used to jailbreaking and restoring and jailbreaking and restoring.....

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am sure many will disagree with me but jailbreaking an iPhone is not all it is cut out to be especially a brand new iPhone 4S with a full warranty and if you purchased Apple Care + a 2 year warrany like I did.

I don't like playing risks and hoping nothing happens like you all are talking about here.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I am sure many will disagree with me but jailbreaking an iPhone is not all it is cut out to be especially a brand new iPhone 4S with a full warranty and if you purchased Apple Care + a 2 year warrany like I did.

I don't like playing risks and hoping nothing happens like you all are talking about here.

What are you talking about? It's just software. Just restore if there is an issue. If the phone completely breaks, then the Apple store won't be able to tell anyway...

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
What are you talking about? It's just software. Just restore if there is an issue. If the phone completely breaks, then the Apple store won't be able to tell anyway...

Yes it is just software and I was giving my own personal opinion and nothing more. I don't like to screw around with something that works out of the box and does not give me trouble.

This is why so many people create threads about problems with their iPhone and what caused it, They say right after they jailbroke it. I know it is not everyone but once again my opinion and thats all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRizzlemeup