Series 1 on watchOS 4 performance. How is it?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
For you guys that are running watchOS 4 on your Series 1 AW how's it working out? I can't download it yet as I don't have it connected to an iPhone atm. My iPhone 8 won't get here until Friday, and I traded my 7 Plus for an S8+.

BTW, why is there not a separate section for Series 1 like there is for Series 2 and 3?

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
For you guys that are running watchOS 4 on your Series 1 AW how's it working out? I can't download it yet as I don't have it connected to an iPhone atm. My iPhone 8 won't get here until Friday, and I traded my 7 Plus for an S8+.

BTW, why is there not a separate section for Series 1 like there is for Series 2 and 3?

Good. I have zero complaints. It’s not slow or buggy.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
That was my thinking as well. I want a 3 but I have question regards to the LTE.

I'm debating on the LTE or GPS only version as well. Really the main reason I want the LTE version is because I want the Space Black SS. The only way to get one now is to buy a used Series 2 or get the LTE Series 3. Not sure if I can justify the extra $290 just to get the SS model over the price of the aluminum Series 3 GPS only.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

I think that except for GPS, waterproofing, and the brighter screen, the performance is nearly identical and the (now departed) S1 just doesn't merit it's own room and has to share with its brothers and sisters.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I think that except for GPS, waterproofing, and the brighter screen, the performance is nearly identical and the (now departed) S1 just doesn't merit it's own room and has to share with its brothers and sisters.

I just figured with Apple still selling the Series 1 and not the Series 2 anymore that Series 1 would get its own page.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
An FYI for anybody still rockin' the AW (original, Get 1)— wOS4 seems ok, but I've noticed Siri giving me the 'I'll tap you when I'm ready' response.

While this temerity from an assistant is alone unacceptable, it's also new. It's appeared on my 5s several times (a function of the 5s' WiFi I believe) but never before on any of my Watches. If Siri thinks she's getting a raise, she's out of her freakin' faux-AI.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I have the original Watch and it runs watchOS 4 without a problem.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
An FYI for anybody still rockin' the AW (original, Get 1)— wOS4 seems ok, but I've noticed Siri giving me the 'I'll tap you when I'm ready' response.

While this temerity from an assistant is alone unacceptable, it's also new. It's appeared on my 5s several times (a function of the 5s' WiFi I believe) but never before on any of my Watches. If Siri thinks she's getting a raise, she's out of her freakin' faux-AI.

It happens incidentally for me.
It’s a first gen, I don’t expect it to get any better than it is now. I get the Siri thing only when I’m somewhere with low coverage/weak wifi signal on my iPhone.

MikeSteed

Sep 27, 2017
Visit site
It’s comforting to see that others aren’t having problems with this, but I sure am! My watch stutters constantly, it takes nearly 15 seconds to open an app that isn’t running in the background already, swiping up the control center has a 1 second delay just on the swipe, and swiping to change watch faces lags very badly. When I enter my PIN to unlock it, the taps are recognized but the new clicks will lag for a second and then spit all the sounds out in rapid succession.

I’ve restarted my watch a few times. It’s been slow ever since I got it, running WatchOS 1 (not THIS bad though by any means), so maybe I’ve had a defective watch this time?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I only wear my original AW twice a week so I only have a couple of data points, but it sure seems that the battery isn't lasting as long. I put my watch on approximately 4.5 hours ago and am currently at 64%. That's with very light use.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yawmelo09