"Safari could not open the page because the server has stopped responding". What caused this?

I

iMore Question

I-pad not connecting, message says "safari could not open the page because the server has stopped responding" HELP

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: server not responding

sounds like a problem with your wifi connection- Few things to try- I would reboot my router first. do other wifi devices connect to it? Does it happen on all web sites or only one? Could be the site you are trying. Is it only happening in one location? You can try rebooting your device- Hold the home screen button and the power button until it powers down and you see the apple showing its powering back up. Lastly refresh your network settings on the device.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

Have you also tried to "refresh" the page you are trying to connect to? Sometimes that works. If it doesn't work for you then try what phreddyl has suggested.

1jasliz

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site

I have powered off iPhone and turned back on--same outcome. I will try your other suggestions. Thank you.

1jasliz

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site

I unplugged power and hard wire connection (2wire) to initial equipment. I turned off the iPhone selection to wireless carrier and turned on iPhone selection back to wifi. Tried to access safari with iPhone again, and it worked right away. Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I unplugged power and hard wire connection (2wire) to initial equipment. I turned off the iPhone selection to wireless carrier and turned on iPhone selection back to wifi. Tried to access safari with iPhone again, and it worked right away. Thanks!

Thanks for the update and we're glad it's working for you. Take care.

Monjur Panna

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: "Safari could not open the page because the server has stopped responding". What caused this?

safari could not open the page because the server has stopped respondin

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Safari could not open the page because the server has stopped responding". What caused this?

Please see the posts above. It is also possible the remote server crashed while you were trying to load the page, this should fix itself when the server restarts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vber