Recommendations on how to upgrade

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
So I have an iPhone XS and my wife has an 8 plus. I am getting the iPhone 11 pro and she is getting my iPhone XS and I’ll use her 8 plus as a monitor for my smaller drone.

Running through my head on how to go about moving all our stuff to the new phones.

iPhone XS is on iOS 12.4.1, I am assuming her 8+ is on 12.4 and the new 11 pro should come with iOS 13 preloaded.

I am going to make sure my wife’s phone is upgraded to 12.4.1 this week and back up both phones to my laptop.

I’ll restore the new phone from back up of my phone. Then erase the XS. The restore the XS from a back up of my wife’s phone. Then erase that phone and set up as new and put the drone stuff on it.

Does that sound like the best way to do it?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
That’s exactly how I would’ve done it. But first I would check for updates and install those on all the devices.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So I have an iPhone XS and my wife has an 8 plus. I am getting the iPhone 11 pro and she is getting my iPhone XS and I’ll use her 8 plus as a monitor for my smaller drone.

Running through my head on how to go about moving all our stuff to the new phones.

iPhone XS is on iOS 12.4.1, I am assuming her 8+ is on 12.4 and the new 11 pro should come with iOS 13 preloaded.

I am going to make sure my wife’s phone is upgraded to 12.4.1 this week and back up both phones to my laptop.

I’ll restore the new phone from back up of my phone. Then erase the XS. The restore the XS from a back up of my wife’s phone. Then erase that phone and set up as new and put the drone stuff on it.

Does that sound like the best way to do it?

Yep, you have things well under control.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll