• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Question About Music Ripped from CDs

applehead3

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I am still trying to understand how Apple Music will affect the songs that are currently stored locally on my iPhone. I have music purchased from iTunes and music ripped from CDs. I would like to update to 8.4 and try out Apple Music for the streaming but I would like to keep my music ripped from CDs on my iPhone without sending it to the iCloud Music Library. I would love to update and visit the new music app and still play previously saved music locally and have ability to stream the M catalogue.

Can anyone share some insight as to whether or not it is possible to still play those non iTunes purchased songs on my iPhone without matching or uploading to cloud?

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I believe to do this you should install 8.4 but do not sign for Apple Music straight away. Go into settings > music and make sure iCloud Music Library is off before you sign up for the trial of Apple Music.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I believe to do this you should install 8.4 but do not sign for Apple Music straight away. Go into settings > music and make sure iCloud Music Library is off before you sign up for the trial of Apple Music.

This is exactly how to do it

applehead3

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site

Thanks. So I installed 8.4 last night and went to Settings >Music but there is no setting for iCloud Music Library. I think I may have to sign up for  Music and then rush back to settings to turn off iCloud.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you have to join apple music first. You will have time. Changes aren't made until the scan of your library is completed.

applehead3

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. I'm all signed up and streaming w/ my local library in tact. I will wait until Apple provide a fix for the issues with iCloud Music Library before I enable that setting.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blin