Problems Getting Voicemail

jmbburg26

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
When someone calls me and they decide to leave a voicemail, I have to restart my phone to get it to come through. It started awhile ago but I was holding out hope that it would get fixed with the iOS 9 update. No such luck. Anyone else have this issue?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Are you able to simply dial into your voicemail? And, when you say, "...for it to come through", are you talking about the visual voicemail notification?
As a test, reset your voicemail pin, reset your device and ask someone to call and leave you a message. See if that somehow resets it. Failing that, you may have to call your carrier...

ShinKen

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue on AT&T. Call support and have them reset your voicemail. For some reason they have to set it up for the iphone as it was showing that I had a Moto X, once they updated their end to my iphone esn everything started working correctly.

jmbburg26

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. This may be the issue. I bought my phone from Apple and not from T-Mobile. Right now it shows I have a Galaxy S3 when I log in online. I've had it show up as a few different phones.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. This may be the issue. I bought my phone from Apple and not from T-Mobile. Right now it shows I have a Galaxy S3 when I log in online. I've had it show up as a few different phones.
That's probably your problem. If AT&T thinks you have a S3 that may cause an issue with iOS's visual voicemail.

I couldn't help but notice that you live in Detroit but you're dressed like a Buckeye. I just don't have any words...