People on T-Mobile: Are you experiencing better coverage on the new 6S as opposed to the regular 6?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If you were using a 6 or 6 Plus on T-Mobile and since upgraded to a 6S or 6S Plus, how would you describe your coverage now? Better, worse, about the same?

Just taking a sample survey to help my decision in a month or so when I decide to switch carriers.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The new band in the 6s connects to the new 700mhz network from T-Mobile. So you should definitely see the difference if you're in the coverage area. It's 2x faster for sure.

allipki

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Chicago area, NO any changes. I was hoping to see some improvement but same as I had 6 plus.
Maybe someone from 700mhz area could comment on it.

norulesjustgo

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It seems that coverage is a little worse. I had 5 bars of LTE at work when I had my 6. Since upgrading to the 6S Plus I only get 3. Also the speed of the internet seems to be slower too. I did a speed test on the 6 and I was getting 75MBPS, now I only get around 15-ish.

RobbyRob

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm in an extended area and I don't notice a difference in buildings. The Note 5 was getting coverage in places where my 6s+ needs to be on wifi calling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I find it to be worse but it could be placebo. Phoenix doesn't have band 12 which sucks. I'm going back to Verizon for iPhone 7. Love my unlimited data but not at trade off of signal lots of places.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
My area? It's debatable. Some places I go too have gained a "dot" of coverage. My home remained the same as far as bars are concerned but speeds have gone up slightly. In NY is where the change is noticeable though. Band 12 is sporadically spread around Queens and Brooklyn. One moment speeds are okay, next they're flying. I'm sure once it becomes more readily available we'll all begin to feel the difference.