Otterbox Commuter Vs. Incipio DualPro???

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm having a hard time with this decision. Trying to compare all of the pros and cons for the Commuter vs. DualPro for the iPhone 5. If you've tried or own both, please share your detailed comparisons and opinions.

Gaidin43

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I have the otter box and love it. It adds just enough size to make the phone comfortable and still fit easily into arm bands for running or my pocket without having to take it out of the case. This version is way smaller then the iPhone 4 one and it better made. I also have a case mate pop! Which is much thinner then the iPhone 4 version. I used to solely use the pop on my 4, but have moved over to the otter box for my 5.

Like I said fits great, looks great, and protects the phone perfectly. Button response is quick and doesn't take much force.

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the dual pro and I love it. Otterbox offers great protection but its too bulky for me. I am generally pretty careful with my phone so I feel like the dual pro offers enough protection. I used to have an NGP for my 4s and I wish they had some for the 5. Try them out at a store and see, but the dual pro ( black on my black phone) looks great.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I used the defender and commuter series by otterbox. The new defender isn't as bulky. The commuter is like the happy medium. I rotated those with a mophie juice pack plus during my brief run with the4s. Right now on my five I am rocking a zagg shield and defender combined.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I used the defender and commuter series by otterbox. The new defender isn't as bulky. The commuter is like the happy medium. I rotated those with a mophie juice pack plus during my brief run with the4s. Right now on my five I am rocking a zagg shield and defender combined.

Cool, so the Zagg Shield doesn't come off at all or get messed up at all, with the Defender on? And do you have the full body shield?

Sent from my VZW iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Glass of OJ

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I don't get why people need cases like the defender. You get a thin, classy looking phone only to put a bulky, ugly ass case on it? Are you that clumsy that you can't just keep a hold of your phone?

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't get why people need cases like the defender. You get a thin, classy looking phone only to put a bulky, ugly ass case on it? Are you that clumsy that you can't just keep a hold of your phone?

Hmmm. I work in a hospital environment. A place where anything can happen. I have a young child and a dog, so yes better to take my preferred precautions than to have a broken iphone later. I had two otterboxes a mophie and bookbook for my 4s and am doing the same on my five. Thank goodness that I am entitled to do as I please with the Phone that I paid for.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

I created a thread entitled, "Otterbox Commuter Vs. Incipio DualPro???" So, I'm asking for a comparison of the 2 cases. You hijack this thread to mention that cases are ugly, and you don't know why they get certain cases? Why do you feel the need to do this, instead of actually staying on topic? Obviously, you have nothing to say that addresses the comparisons between the 2 cases that I mentioned, so why are you here?

snuffleupagus99

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
While I have no experience with the otterbox, I absolutely love my dualpro. Not bulky, still feel well protected. I have a trident aegis I bought on a Whim, but found it too freaking big so aegis was retired when dualpro arrived.

moskins

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Had the OtterBox Commuter on my 4 but decided to go with the DualPro for my 5. Very happy about my decision. DualPro is very sleek with little added bulk.