[REVIEW] Incipio Broome Case for iPhone 7/8

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH6kGRMgxQE&t=2s

If Sir Elton John is correct, and “sad songs say so much”, well then I’d like to propose that “fancy cases say so much.” By fancy cases, of course I mean Incipio. I have reviewed a number of their cases in the past year, and I’m here with yet another delightful product – the Broome. The Broome is a part of Incipio’s collaborative works projects, which combines the quality materials and production process, with Zachary Prell’s design prowess. From the first glance at the pictures, I’d wager to say that you can see how well it turned out…

1.jpg

The Look: At first glance, the Broome case by Incipio looks like a pleasant spring plaid business shirt. It’s cleverly inlaid with White and Gray checkered boxes, with an occasional stitching mark to break up the uniformity in the pattern, which gives is a little extra flair. In the past, I have been very keen on the Esquire series cases, which offer a similar level of protection and finely crafted knit material. Well, with the Broome, Incipio did a bang-up job and spared no expense, collaborating with Zachary Prell and bringing them on board to take this case to the next level. In addition to the White and Gray checkered boxed patterned that covers the back of the phone, there is a bar that goes across the bottom with none other than the name “Zachary Prell” written across it. This Blue color is also found in the side bumpers and the rest of the TPU material that surrounds the case. The Broome has an all-around classy look to it that pairs well in both business and casual situations. I am hesitant to use the word “hipster”, but really, that’s a great way to describe it. More and more these days I see people sporting around untucked button-down shirts in either solid or plaid designs, which may or may not be coupled with a blazer. This is a great case for the modern 20 to 30-year-old professional.

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

The Feel: The case has a solid feel to it. It give just enough bulk to the phone that it feels well protected, but it isn’t enough to really throw off the form factor. It’s not an overly bulky case, but it’s also not a slim/minimalist style case. The knitted back of the phone case does make it a little slick at first, so be careful with that. It does take a solid day to get used to the texture and learn how to adapt your holding style to make sure that your phone doesn’t turn into a flying checkered brick. The sides are made from molded TPU and offer excellent protection, as well as grip, which means that if you’re holding it with a firm side grip then you’re good. If you try to pick the phone up by the back of the phone or lay it on its back in your palm, then you may be in for some trouble. The buttons were ever so slightly stiff at first, but I think that was more of me just getting used to the transition from my other case, which had easily pressed, broken-in buttons. After a day or two, the buttons loosen up, feel snug, and react well to gentle finger pressure. As an added bonus, the case is even compatible with wireless charging. I have tested it out myself and it works just fine. The only hang-up is that it seems really hard to get it in just the right spot, but that may be more of a charger or phone issue than the case itself. The good news is that it works!

5.jpg
6.jpg

Security: The overall security of the Broome case is very good for the design style. In addition to being classy and modern, it’s also rather protective. The phone case doesn’t have an official MIL-STD rating for the drop protection, but it is very similar to the design and bulk of the Esquire series if you’re familiar with it. It’s got just enough heft that it will protect your phone from bumps, bruises and short drops. This isn’t really a phone security feature, but the exclusively designed luxe European fabric that is used in this case is also stain resistant, which really goes a long way to preserve the fabric and the look of the case. I was a little worried about this at first because it is such a good-looking case. However, fabric can be absorbent and White colors don’t really favor being used for a phone case because of the possibility of stains and discoloration – hopefully it holds up! I would test it out but I like this case too much to go set it in a puddle of Kool-Aid – Ohhh yeeeaaahh! More like Oooooohhh nooooo! In all seriousness though, I think the fabric is fantastic and I think it should hold up well against the elements, as long as you take care of it and are careful with where you set it down. Last but not least, the Broome case has the delightful little protective lip over the screen which keeps your phone screen safe when you place it face-down on flat surfaces. As always though, this is no substitute for a screen protector… get one.

7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Conclusion: I am a big fan of this case and I love the color pattern. Aside from any upcoming reviews that I have on my plate, this will be my daily-driver for the foreseeable future. I’m super happy that I had the opportunity to review it and pass on my information on the case, along with my concerns. It’s a solid case that will keep your phone well protected in most instances, but be careful not to set it down anywhere without looking first, unless you want to test out how stain resistant it really is. However, it looks sharp, it feels good and it fits the phone like a glove – and it even comes with matching blue collar stays, which is pretty unique! If you like the design, then I think you’ll be a fan of this case as well.

Pros:
- The custom design collaboration looks great!
- The custom European fabric is soft and the colors look great
- The case is protective and fits the phone very well
- It’s unique and really stands out in a crowd of otherwise droll designs

Cons:
- It’s a little slick straight out of the box
- It’s made out of woven cloth, which is subject to potential stains and degradation over time
- It’s not cheap, but it’s definitely worth the purchase price
- It may not look the greatest with each iPhone color – it clashes a little with my Product Red

If you’re interested in the Incipio Broome case, you can check it out on Incipio’s website: https://bit.ly/2O3KjG8 - It is currently priced at $39,99. The color pattern is only available in Gray Checkered, which also features the Blue TPU molding. The Broome design is also available for the iPhone 7, and in the Plus and X models. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them down in the comment section.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is another excellent review, and hopefully those who like the design of the design and color scheme of this particular case will go out and purchase one. Thanks again for your review of it, sir....:cool:

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
This is another excellent review, and hopefully those who like the design of the design and color scheme of this particular case will go out and purchase one. Thanks again for your review of it, sir....:cool:

Thanks for taking the time to check out my review. I appreciate it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2