Otterbox Armor or Preserver, need real world experience

PeachesCA

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I have been a Defender user for about 6 years (I think that's how long I've had my iphones). It's been hands down the best phone case EVER. I have had so much confidence in my Defender I used to throw my phone down a hallway to show how great it was. And yet, no one at work would buy one because they didn't like how bulky it was. I saw many cracked screens and phone replacements...I decided I needed a waterproof case and stumbled across the Armor. I've used it for nearly 2 years now and have had the front piece replaced once through warranty (the o'ring no longer fit in the headphone port). I've replaced over pieces over the years using Otterbox warranty replacement, and they've never asked a single question other than to send a photo with the date to show the problem. They have fantastic customer service!

The Armor isn't as great as the Defender...mainly because the hinges do unlatch if the phone hits a surface hard enough. I think they qualify these with a 6 foot drop, I've seen them thrown at 15 feet. I watched nearly every Youtube video there was showing the outcome of dropping the Armor at high heights before I purchased one. I do have issues with the screen response when trying to type. I've gotten used to it over time, but nothing is as good as a naked screen ;) I have spent time in the pool and the shower with my phone--people do need answers in the most inconvenient times. It does what it's supposed to do--keep out dust, debris and water. The sound is terrible, but I rarely use the phone's speaker--I use bluetooth headphones or a bluetooth speaker.

I will say this--I have also had a Lifeproof Fre case and absolutely HATED it. It felt so cheap. I would not be confident with it if I were to drop my phone (which I do frequently). I couldn't hear at all when using it to talk on the phone so I just stuck with Bluetooth. I may try the Preserver...the price has me discouraged, perhaps they might drop in price as the cases get older. I plan on purchasing the Iphone6 Plus soon and will need to be all new cases once again! It's a never ending cycle, isn't it?

mooch91

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. I now have all 3 cases - defender, armor, and iphone 5 specific preserver (with hard button, found it on amazon). I've been using the preserver for months and like it. Best balance of all of the features and protection I need. And no fingerprint membrane.

Sent from my mobile device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjkradel