OTHER in text messaging

vsanto73

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
When I go to type a persons name to text message them, as soon as I type the first letter for example T, it shows people's numbers and email address a who start with T but some of these I've deleted from my phone. they are all classified as OTHER number or OTHER email. How can I delete or clear this cache without having to do a full restore?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to delete the cached items you're referring to unless you restore your device as new.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You may not as others have already said to be able to clear cache but can you not delete the "Other" numbers or emails? Also instead when you hit the + to open up your list and instead of trying a search, What shows up when you scroll on your list which brings me back to asking about why you cannot delete what comes up as "Other"?

maxiang

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I've never seen this in text messaging, but it shows up all the time when I go to compose an email. Usually the "other" that are in my recents but I don't have in my contacts will have a blue circle with a chevron in it. Tap on the circle and it gives an option to delete from recents. Does this work for your text messages?

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~