macOS Monterey 12.0.1 released

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
So, macOS Monterey 12.0.1 has been released today. It's the same build as the RC2 from late last week.

Here are the full release notes :)
macOS Monterey lets you connect, share, and create like never before. Enjoy new FaceTime audio and video enhancements, including spatial audio and Portrait mode. Get more done with powerful productivity tools like Focus, Quick Note, and Tab Groups in Safari. Work fluidly across your devices with AirPlay to Mac.

FaceTime

• Spatial audio makes voices sound like they come from the direction of a speaker on the screen in a Group FaceTime call
  • Voice Isolation blocks background noises so your voice is crystal clear
  • Wide Spectrum brings every sound in your space into the call
  • Portrait mode puts the focus on you by blurring your background on Mac computers with the M1 chip
  • Grid view displays people in same-size tiles and highlights the active speaker
  • FaceTime links for inviting friends to calls on Apple, Android, or Windows devices
  • Shared with You displays content shared over Messages in your Mac apps
  • New Shared with You section in Photos, Safari, News, Podcasts, and the TV app
  • Multiple photos display as collages or stacks in Messages
Safari

• Tab Groups help you save and organize your tabs and sync across devices
  • Intelligent Tracking Prevention prevents trackers from viewing your IP address
  • Compact tab bar option lets you see more of the webpage on your screen
Focus

• Focus lets you automatically filter out notifications based on what you're doing
  • Options to customize a Focus for activities like work, gaming, reading, and more
  • Focus sets across all Apple devices
  • Status lets your contacts know that your notifications are silenced
Quick Note & Notes

• Quick Note lets you take notes on any app or website, and easily revisit them later
  • Tags help you quickly categorize your notes by topic and make them easy to find
  • Mentions enable you to notify others of important updates in shared notes
  • Activity view displays who made recent changes in a shared note
AirPlay to Mac

• AirPlay to Mac lets you share content from iPhone or iPad straight to your Mac
  • AirPlay speaker support for playing music through your Mac sound system
Live Text

• Live Text makes text interactive in photos across the system
  • Support for copying, translating, and looking up text that appears in photos
  • Visual Look Up helps you learn about art, landmarks, and other objects in photos
Shortcuts

• New app helps you automate everyday tasks, helping you accomplish them faster
  • Gallery with pre-built shortcuts that you can add and run throughout the system
  • Shortcuts editor helps you design custom shortcuts for your specific workflows
  • Support for automatically converting Automator workflows into shortcuts
Maps

• Interactive 3D globe with enhanced details for mountains, oceans, and more on Mac computers with the M1 chip
  • Detailed city maps display elevation, trees, buildings, landmarks, and more on Mac computers with the M1 chip
Privacy

• Mail Privacy Protection helps prevent senders from tracking your Mail activity
  • Recording indicator in Control Center for apps that are accessing your mic
iCloud+

• iCloud Private Relay (beta) helps prevent companies from creating a detailed profile of your browsing activity in Safari
  • Hide My Email creates unique, random email addresses that forward to your inbox

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My M1 Mac Mini should be up to date, but I’ll double-check when I get home. Thanks for the tip, sir. :)

qphone

Jan 30, 2021
Visit site
just updated my Late 2018 MBP. All's good, just have to put up with the usual " noisy fans" while it's indexing a new software upgrade.

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have tried the WiFi at apple store and was taking too long. I am having it troubleshooted at Apple on Tuesday. It is an early 2015 model Mac Pro. I have not had issues prior with any updates. Big Sur updated perfectly when I got that one. But this one is not working

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Oh man. I am not happy because I just signed up for the new internet with Verizon and I have been using their jet pak for over 10 years because I can’t get internet in my area unless it is satellite
So I have been having issues getting Monterey downloaded BUT I decided to try the jet pak and guess what. Jet pak is working.
But why won’t the home internet work and I used Ethernet. The WiFi didn’t work so tried with the Ethernet would be better. Neither worked. I like the idea to have home internet. It’s uncapped and I can do other things. Guess I need to keep the jet pak. I was trying to save some money. Ugh. Calling tech support tomorrow with Verizon

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711