New iPhone (the next iPhone after iPhone 3G)

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Pffft you guys think too small in terms of storage.

I want to see 512gig iPhone, my music library is over 2 terabytes as we speak so having 16 gigs right now is WAY too small. Even 512gig would be small but it seems doable. I'd pay well over $2000 for that.

WOW!! They don't even make thumb drives with that much space! There's no way the could fit the hardware necessary to hold 512gig into an iPhone. Not YET anyway. Well, unless you want your iPhone to be the size of a 512gig external harddrive :D.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
512GB just isn't feasible at all right now. Also, just becuase you have 2TB of music doesn't mean everyone does...you are the exception. Apple doesn't make products for the exception, they make for the masses. I have a 37GB library of music which I think is a lot compared to my friends that only have like 2GB. So technically I'm an exception compared to my friends, but not when compared to you :)

Definitely agreed. I have a 4GB music library. I don't see the point in having a billion and one songs on my computer that I'll never ever listen to. I keep what I listen to - and everyone once in a while, if there's music in my library I haven't listened to in a LONG time, I'll delete it, cause odds of me listening to it are slim. Why keep it there to take up precious space when it isn't even needed?

Movies on the other hand, I need to clear out. Out of a 500GB HD on my iMac, I only have about 80GB free. I'm sure I could free about 250GB just by deleting my movies folder. I think that's going to be my weekend project, clean out macbook and iMac. :)

And to the people who said they want a higher mp camera, I agree that would be nice, but at the same time, the 2mp camera in the iphone is already pretty nice. Compared to my Bold, it takes amazing pictures.

I don't think a lot of people understand it's not really the MP that determine the picture quality, its the AF, flash, and lens. if they put a better lense or AF in there, I'd be happy with that. I don't need a pro camera in a phone, I have a camera for that, but 3.2 with a nice autofocus and lens, maybe a decent flash would be awesome.

oli_jgb

Feb 4, 2009
Visit site
512 GB is totally unrealistic, and would cost a huge amount. To squeeze that much memory into the iphone is borderline nano-technology. I actually don't think silicone will EVER be capable of generating that much memory and housing enough semi-conductors to fit in a product so small. And if they did, $2000 would be a long way off the price. I think you would be looking at $10,000 and more, although I am no expert.

in 10 years time we will have the iPhone nano, not because of it's size but because of the nano technology it houses. The possibilities for this will blow anyones mind.
(you're talking about your phone communicating with transistors injected into your blood stream to monitor your health, and call your doctor or even emergency services if there is a problem!!)

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
512 GB is totally unrealistic, and would cost a huge amount. To squeeze that much memory into the iphone is borderline nano-technology. I actually don't think silicone will EVER be capable of generating that much memory and housing enough semi-conductors to fit in a product so small. And if they did, $2000 would be a long way off the price. I think you would be looking at $10,000 and more, although I am no expert.

in 10 years time we will have the iPhone nano, not because of it's size but because of the nano technology it houses. The possibilities for this will blow anyones mind.
(you're talking about your phone communicating with transistors injected into your blood stream to monitor your health, and call your doctor or even emergency services if there is a problem!!)

I'd have to agree here. If you just look at 2 years ago, people paid 500$ for a 4GB iPhone. We are still at 700 outright for a 16GB, so yeah, 512GB would be a bit far off, and do they even make storage in that size? lol That's RAM talk I thought.

Storage would be an even 500 I would think. Look at hard drives - 320, 360, 400, 500, etc, seems like they jump in weird increments.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urbanwoodsman1966