native twitter app and tweetbot

crossfire3636

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have notifications on for both the native twitter account and tweetbot for iPhone 5, but for some reason Im not getting any notifications of new tweets

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have notifications on for both the native twitter account and tweetbot for iPhone 5, but for some reason Im not getting any notifications of new tweets

Go to Settings - Notifications and then scroll down to find the 2 apps you referenced and then select then and make sure they are configured in the manner you want to be notified, if you haven't already.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Are you wanting to be notified any time that your friends make new tweets? If so, that's not an option. You just have to check back to see new tweets.

Notifications are available to let you know when someone tweets at you, sends you a direct message, retweets you, or follows you. New tweet notifications are not available.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
jclisenby is correct, however, the official Twitter app will allow you to receive notifications for "specific" tweets or at least, it used to. I haven't used it in a while now.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I receive notifications of every tweet that someone makes that I follow.
You must also enable mobile notifications at Tweeter.com (think you have to do this from a Mac or PC)
You do this by clicking the icon next to the Following icon of the person you follow.
Then click "Turn On Mobile Notifications".

Hope this helps.
Good Luck

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I receive notifications of every tweet that someone makes that I follow.
You must also enable mobile notifications at Tweeter.com (think you have to do this from a Mac or PC)
You do this by clicking the icon next to the Following icon of the person you follow.
Then click "Turn On Mobile Notifications".

Hope this helps.
Good Luck

That is true, you can also do it in the native twitter app. Go to your profile-->cogwheel --> settings --> notifications --> tweets turn it on then choose who do you want to receive tweets notifications from.

Hope it helps :)

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
That is true, you can also do it in the native twitter app. Go to your profile-->cogwheel --> settings --> notifications --> tweets turn it on then choose who do you want to receive tweets notifications from.

Hope it helps :)
linsiris,
You know I looked for that last night before I posted last night since I remembered doing directly in the app befor but I just couldn't find it.
So thanks for the reminder.
Good Luck

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Based on the subject of this thread, I only use Tweetbot because it previews images. I don't understand for the life of me why the default Twitter app, yeah, the people that own Twitter, don't offer this out of the box.

Weird...

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Based on the subject of this thread, I only use Tweetbot because it previews images. I don't understand for the life of me why the default Twitter app, yeah, the people that own Twitter, don't offer this out of the box.

Weird...

They have some issues when it comes to people using other image services besides the native twitter service. That's a big reason it's not there. I know they are working on the feature but it may never come out. If it does, it may even show only pics uploaded from Twitter.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
They have some issues when it comes to people using other image services besides the native twitter service. That's a big reason it's not there. I know they are working on the feature but it may never come out. If it does, it may even show only pics uploaded from Twitter.

I hear you. Albeit rather odd other apps can do it. Just saying :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2