iOS 17.4/17.4.1 (both versions) bug

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone run into the bug with the native email app where it's no longer showing lock screen notifications or banner notifications? I'm able to get both of these on the Outlook app with no issues. Started with iOS 17.4 and has persisted. There is still the app icon with unread, just no notifications as previously mentioned.

For reference, wife's phone is on 17.3.1 and has no issues with this.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps try switching off notifications for the mail app restarting your phone and then turn them on again.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I haven't experienced this on my iPhone, but it might be worthwhile to submit feedback to Apple. Here's a link:

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Mine is fine, both on 17.4 when I had it and now on 17.41.. That said, I have my mail notifications pretty tightly reduced to just an account for a company that I consult for as the technical admin, and for contacts that I have listed as VIP. Settings / Notifications / Mail / Customize notifications - alerts, sounds, and badges for that one account, badges for a few more, and alerts, sounds, and badges for VIP.

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine is fine, both on 17.4 when I had it and now on 17.41.. That said, I have my mail notifications pretty tightly reduced to just an account for a company that I consult for as the technical admin, and for contacts that I have listed as VIP. Settings / Notifications / Mail / Customize notifications - alerts, sounds, and badges for that one account, badges for a few more, and alerts, sounds, and badges for VIP.

I have a single work account signed in through MS365. All same settings as you, push enabled. Worked fine up until 17.4

I get badge notifications, but no longer receiving banner notifications. This is crucial and worked up until 17.4

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a single work account signed in through MS365. All same settings as you, push enabled. Worked fine up until 17.4

I get badge notifications, but no longer receiving banner notifications. This is crucial and worked up until 17.4
Have you tried deleting the account and adding it back again?

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I think I'd try using the Outlook app if it's a push exchange account just for this account, at least until the Mail app starts working again.

That's what I've been using since I discovered the bug. Bummer is I had to disable subfolder notification rules on my outlook account as those don't populate with banner notifications on the Outlook app. That's why I liked using the native iOS mail application.

Reactions: doogald