My SE Died this Morning

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I woke up to my phone which I plugged in last night, dead and won't charge or turn on. I've verified there was no debris in the Lightning Port, but for the heck of it I scraped it out with a plastic tip. I plugged it back in with a charging cable I verified works with another phone. With it plugged it, in I tried holding down the power and home button, both volume keys and the home button, I also tried putting light pressure on the charging cable at various angles.

I think the SE uses the iPhone 5's Lightning Port and when I google iPhone won't turn on or charge I see almost exclusively posts from people with iPhone 5's with the issue. I'm thinking either that or maybe the battery?
I have insurance and Verizon confirmed there would be no deductible, but I'd like to not lose some special pics of my little daughter on there since my last backup that aren't saved. Any advice? Thanks. (Edit: fixed grammar).

Last edited:

racerhomie

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I woke up to my phone I which plugged in last night, dead and won't charge or turn on. I've verified there no debris in the Lightning Port, but for the heck of it I scraped it out with a plastic tip. I plugged it in with a charging cable I verified works with another phone. With it plugge in I tried holding down the power and home button, both volume keys and the home button, I also tried putting light pressure on the charging cable in various angles.

I think the SE uses the iPhone 5's Lightning Port and when I google iPhone won't turn on or charge I see almost exclusively posts about people iPhone 5's with the issue. I'm thinking either that or maybe the battery?
I have insurance and ice confirmed there would be no deductible but I'd like to not lose some special pics of my little daughter on there since my last backup that aren't saved. Any advise? Thanks.

Take it to the Apple Store.But before that try to plug it into iTunes

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
@ruger141, sorry to hear about your SE. The only thing i can think of is, maybe there was a power surge during the night and it fried your battery? There should be no problems with leaving it on charge over night.As others have said, maybe try plug it in to your laptop via USB and see if you can transfer photo using iTunes? If that doesn't work, take it down to the Apple store and hopefully they can work their magic on it :)

Wish you the best of luck and hopefully your can get your special photos back :)

anon(10210323)

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
. . . but I'd like to not lose some special pics of my little daughter on there since my last backup that aren't saved. Any advise? Thanks.
The responses so far in this thread are excellent. Take it to the Apple Store - If the techs there are half as capable as the people at my local Apple Store, your pics will be safe. Keep us updated!

fourthbase

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
If it's just the port the photos will be fine. In the event it's something more serious you might not be so lucky. The only way to know is to take it in store and have them run the tests.

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Thank you everyone for the replies. I'm back on my replacement se. Unfortunately things could not be recovered :( I did as most of you suggested and at the Apple Store they ran some diagnostics on it. The Lightning Port didn't have any debris in it, the pins looked good, and the battery tested ok. They said what is common in a situation like this is a problem with the Logic Board. I took it to a highly rated repair guy in my area and he did his own diagnosing on the phone. His conclusion was the same the logic board had failed. He was a super nice guy and said he wouldn't charge me the normal diagnostic fee.
So back to Apple I headed and reluctantly got a replacement phone at no charge(5 days over my 1 year warranty had expired I may add). So pretty bummed about losing some of my pics, and having an easy restore point, but everyone was as helpful as I could hope for so it is what it is.
Thanks again everyone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77