My i5 is dead!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
So I was sending/receiving messages and went downstairs to get something from the car. I come back up and went to take a picture with my i5 and noticed it would not turn on at al!

I plugged it in to the PC and saw nothing. Then I tried an outlet and it continuously turned on for 3 seconds (showing the apple logo) and then turned off. It would continue the cycle until I unplugged it. I can't put it in DFU mode. I can get it to show the connect to iTunes symbol, but only plugged in to the wall. The genius is saying its software, but I think it's the battery. There is no way to put it in DFU mode or even able to restore it.

What are everyone's thoughts?

I somehow turned auto-backup off on iCloud and the last time I plugged my i5 in to the PC to backup was the 2nd day after having it. Should I try and replace it or get it replaced with a new one and take a hit with all the info that wasn't saved, like sms messages and contacts that I didn't put their names for?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I went yesterday night to them and they offered to swap it "after attempting to restore" which I already knew wasn't a restore concern.

I was just hoping I could get it back up and running, without having to exchange it.

The messed up part is that I thought I turned iCloud backup on after purchasing more storage.

I bit the bullet and had it swapped today. Still waiting for my 4S to get replaced.