iPhone 15 not charging above 80

Abbie C

Oct 28, 2020
Visit site
Before you tell me lol I already turned all battery settings off, did a reset, checked for software updates and went to the Apple Store. They did a settings reset and of course in store it charged. But when my son charges it overnight it stops at 80 no matter what I’ve done. Any suggestions

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Disable the optimized battery charging option.

2d3a24db6c273810f052899455a8f742.jpg

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It’s almost as if your son’s device is detecting its location and then associating it with the battery optimization setting. Does the device charge past 80% during the day or while in a different location?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Actually. Yes it does.

Then my assumption “may” be correct. If “Significant Locations” is turned on, turn it off to see if that helps.

Settings → Location Services → System Services (at the bottom) → Significant Locations.

Reactions: Bla1ze

Abbie C

Oct 28, 2020
Visit site
Then my assumption “may” be correct. If “Significant Locations” is turned on, turn it off to see if that helps.

Settings → Location Services → System Services (at the bottom) → Significant Locations.

Will that affect tracking him on 360. He’s 14 for the record lol

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Will that affect tracking him on 360. He’s 14 for the record lol

It shouldn’t. You’re not disabling the GPS or anything.

Per Apple: Significant Locations: Your iPhone and iCloud-connected devices will keep track of places you have recently been, as well as how often and when you visited them, in order to learn places that are significant to you. This data is end-to-end encrypted and cannot be read by Apple. It is used to provide you with personalized services, such as predictive traffic routing, and to build better Memories in Photos.

Abbie C

Oct 28, 2020
Visit site
It shouldn’t. You’re not disabling the GPS or anything.

Per Apple: Significant Locations: Your iPhone and iCloud-connected devices will keep track of places you have recently been, as well as how often and when you visited them, in order to learn places that are significant to you. This data is end-to-end encrypted and cannot be read by Apple. It is used to provide you with personalized services, such as predictive traffic routing, and to build better Memories in Photos.

I turned it off. We will see how it goes tonight. If it works you just saved me trip back to Apple lol

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Before you tell me lol I already turned all battery settings off, did a reset, checked for software updates and went to the Apple Store. They did a settings reset and of course in store it charged. But when my son charges it overnight it stops at 80 no matter what I’ve done. Any suggestions
Could you send a screenshot of Settings, Battery, Battery Health & Charging?

Abbie C

Oct 28, 2020
Visit site
Could you send a screenshot of Settings, Battery, Battery Health & Charging?

So. I went back to Apple for a second time to try to swap the device. They wouldn’t. They asked what charging block I was using. It wasn’t an Apple one. They gave me an apple one for free lol bc I was so annoyed. Lo and behold it charged to 100 last night.

So weird.

Reactions: EdwinG

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
So. I went back to Apple for a second time to try to swap the device. They wouldn’t. They asked what charging block I was using. It wasn’t an Apple one. They gave me an apple one for free lol bc I was so annoyed. Lo and behold it charged to 100 last night.

So weird.
Thanks for the follow-up! It is very interesting and good information to have!

Reactions: Abbie C

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

So weird.
I'm curious... would you be willing to tell us what brand charger you were using? I'm asking because there are so many out there... I've bought some cheaper ones, for when my husband was in the hospital. And then I've bought some ones made by Apple, Spigen, and Anker to name a few.

Abbie C

Oct 28, 2020
Visit site
I'm curious... would you be willing to tell us what brand charger you were using? I'm asking because there are so many out there... I've bought some cheaper ones, for when my husband was in the hospital. And then I've bought some ones made by Apple, Spigen, and Anker to name a few.

I don’t know off hand but I got them in the T-Mobile store when I bought his phone. I have 3 other series 15 in my house and we all use the T-Mobile chargers with no issue. His was the only one that didn’t work. His is a 15. My daughter has a 15. My husband has a 15 Pro and I have a 15 Pro Max. Ours all worked fine.

Reactions: Annie_M

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77